2013 Programs

This is on the Cascades' Facebook and on their main site:

"Inescapable"

Based on the New Year's email the corps sent out...

PHANTOM REGIMENT - "Triumphant Journey"

-- The Golden Age (Dmitri Shostakovich)

-- Cape Fear (Bernard Herrmann)

-- Four Sea Interludes from "Peter Grimes" (Benjamin Britten)

-- Enigma Variations (Edward Elgar)

-- Symphony No. 11 (Dmitri Shostakovich)

Yes, it's a "Sequel" (of sorts) to their very popular 2003 "Harmonic Journey" show.

It's not shostakovichs golden age, it's music from the movie Elizabeth: the golden age.... I think

OK. Take one. I found all but 2 tracks ... I think. If there are corrections, please post. Please no #####ing about choice of version unless the corps has published a specific inspiration or arrangement. As much as I would love to listen to 185 different versions of Summertime, I don't have time to listen for the best track. In most cases, I stayed as close to original as possible.

As we start to get a more complete list, I will consider breaking into individual playlists for each corps. Not that I did that in 2012 for my own purposes or anything. That's just obsessive. What kind of geek do you think I am anyhow? Even IF I did, I probably just deleted the playlists a few weeks ago since they were a year old. But I didn't. So it doesn't matter. LEAVE ME ALONE!

HTTP link to Spotify playlist - http://open.spotify....2Cw5CH6a3vpSkhH

Bluecoats

Steven Bryant's - "Concerto for Wind Ensemble." (Mvmnt V)

The Cadets

Barber's "Symphony No. 1" (Mvmnts 1,2,3)

"Adagio for Strings"

"Medea"

The Cavaliers

NOT CURRENTLY IN US SPOTIFY - "Drum Music/Concerto for Percussion (mvt 3)" by John mackey

"Enterprising Young men" by Michael Giacchino

NOT CURRENTLY IN US SPOTIFY - "Ballet Sacra" by David Holsinger

Crossmen

The Prophet's Song - Queen

Madison Scouts

Modest Mussorgsky's "Night on Bald Mountain"

Rodgers and Hammerstein's "You'll Never Walk Alone".

Oregon Crusaders

Going Home

Summertime

House of the Rising Sun

Rollin in the Deep (Adele?)

Jericho

Pioneer

"Gloria" by John Rutter

"Awesome God" by the group GLAD

"Just a Closer Walk With Thee"

"When the Saints Come Marching In" New Orleans Style

"Joyful Joyful" by the group GLAD

"With Heart and Voice" by David Gillingham

Encore/Second Ending by Gary Owen (Pioneer's Theme Song)

Santa Clara Vanguard

Les Miserables - Randomish selected tracks. Lemme know when we have concrete selections.

You're perfect. This is exactly what I was looking for, but much better than I would have done it. Bravo, sir.

It's not shostakovichs golden age, it's music from the movie Elizabeth: the golden age.... I think

Oh my. If that is the case...And all the others are accurate...

I guarantee that the last few minutes of Shostakovitch's 11 will be arranged with the last song from "The Golden Age." The former is more angry with lots of bells, the latter is more victorious with lots of bells, so it'd make sense one would sort of develop into the other, assuming the flow of Harmonic Journey is the template for this show (which all the other song selections seem to suggest [soft, lyrical prelude - rhythmic opener - powerful lyrical ballad - dark passionate closer - victorious finale]

Based on the New Year's email the corps sent out...

PHANTOM REGIMENT - "Triumphant Journey"

-- The Golden Age (Dmitri Shostakovich)

-- Cape Fear (Bernard Herrmann)

-- Four Sea Interludes from "Peter Grimes" (Benjamin Britten)

-- Enigma Variations (Edward Elgar)

-- Symphony No. 11 (Dmitri Shostakovich)

Yes, it's a "Sequel" (of sorts) to their very popular 2003 "Harmonic Journey" show.

Waiting for an official ruling on this. Entire Enigma and Elizabeth: The Golden Age would total 35 tracks. And the full Shostakovich 11th is over an hour long. Regardless, the good news, it is all on Spotify.

Edited by mingusmonk

Oh my. If that is the case...And all the others are accurate...

I guarantee that the last few minutes of Shostakovitch's 11 will be arranged with the last song from "The Golden Age." The former is more angry with lots of bells, the latter is more victorious with lots of bells, so it'd make sense one would sort of develop into the other, assuming the flow of Harmonic Journey is the template for this show (which all the other song selections seem to suggest [soft, lyrical prelude - rhythmic opener - powerful lyrical ballad - dark passionate closer - victorious finale]

certainly wouldn't mind that :)

Waiting for an official ruling on this. Entire Enigma and Elizabeth: The Golden Age would total 35 tracks. And the full Shostakovich 11th is over an hour long. Regardless, the good news, it is all on Spotify.

i think it's nimrod from enigma variations, as somebody seemed to be able to tell from a picture posted on their facebook page.

11.jpg

2013 Phantom Regiment presents...

"Triumphant Journey"

ROCKFORD, Ill. (Jan 11, 2013) - Phantom Regiment is proud to announce the 2013 production -

PR2013_ShowLogo.jpg

- a tale of a young woman's epic transformation from innocence. In a storybook land where grimm forces lie threatening outside the castle walls, her ultimate destiny lies well beyond a fairy tale ending.

Music to be taken from:

• Elizabeth: The Golden Age, by Craig Armstrong and A. R. Rahman
  • Cape Fear, by Bernard Herrmann
  • Four Sea Interludes, by Benjamin Britten
  • Enigma Variations, by Edward Elgar
  • Symphony No. 11, by Dmitri Shostakovich

11.jpg

2013 Phantom Regiment presents...

"Triumphant Journey"

ROCKFORD, Ill. (Jan 11, 2013) - Phantom Regiment is proud to announce the 2013 production -

PR2013_ShowLogo.jpg

- a tale of a young woman's epic transformation from innocence. In a storybook land where grimm forces lie threatening outside the castle walls, her ultimate destiny lies well beyond a fairy tale ending.

Music to be taken from:

• Elizabeth: The Golden Age, by Craig Armstrong and A. R. Rahman
  • Cape Fear, by Bernard Herrmann
  • Four Sea Interludes, by Benjamin Britten
  • Enigma Variations, by Edward Elgar
  • Symphony No. 11, by Dmitri Shostakovich

All of the above are available on Spotify and have been added to the playlist.