Staff changes

Hey laugh if you want. I'm not. Cavaliers are fricken dangerous! you just watch. They are gonna kick some booty next year!

it's gonna be Crown/Cavies and then BD. ...or not.

idk

• Like 1

Hey laugh if you want. I'm not. Cavaliers are fricken dangerous! you just watch. They are gonna kick some booty next year!

it's gonna be Crown/Cavies and then BD. ...or not.

idk

If BD didn't have one of those seasons that made them famous it would have been Crown THIS year. Oh well, such is life.

White and colors closest to it are aggressive to the eye and stand out. Any flaws would be magnified 1000x's over.

Hence all the black (and darker colors). Interesting.

HH

I'll take this a step further... A uniform of one color is a challenge. Without the contrast in the uniform, things. just blend in. While I find it worse with bright colors, it does happen with all black too. Front to back intervals that are too close make things very "unclear". Add the bright colors, start to factor the left and right interval too.

A good example is Phantom 2010 when Myron Rosander wrote the show. He likes the 2 step interval side to side with a 4 step (or less) front to back and during "block/solid" sets, Phantom looked like a big bright mass w/o clarity. Never saw that with his SCV drills. As far as all black, I don't see it in drum corps but I see "lesser" high school bands make poor guard color choices (school colors) and when you add it together, you will get unclear drill. I know that from my own experience as a writer. As a result, you have to really open up the intervals front to back and left to right.

My biggest problem with Crown was the guard colors, it just blended in and I saw no contrast. Negative space was for not. Great stagging would of still looked bad. I'm sure they choose the colors because there was the "common" thread tying the corps together (we are all heroes) but I just didn't care for it on the field.

Edited by CloudHype

Richard Hinshaw Facebook:

I would like to thank The Cavaliers for the wonderful opportunity to design and teach with them in 2012. This week, I learned I will not be asked to return for 2013. Although I am heartbroken, I will always cherish the memories and learning experiences from this summer. A huge thank you goes out to my fellow designers, the staff, and especially the members for believing in me and supporting me along the way. I was truly inspired by so many of you. I wish you the best in the future.

Im not going to say i'm surprised by this at all, and i'm not going to lie and say that i wasn't happy when i heard this. But I will give Richard credit where credit is due. He was brought into a tough situation (replacing Gaines) and made the best of it. He was/is very proud to have been a part of the Cavalier organization (read his facebook posts from the season) and seems very humbled in his "exit" statement. A very classy post from a class act guy.

Moving on.... Who else besides me is going to be stalking the Cavies boards/twitter/website till we find out who the replacement is?...lol. IMO, they already have their "guy", or they wouldn't have been so quick to let Hinshaw go.

This is much better than the ape-#### rant he went off on a post made by The Marching Roundtable when they posed the question: "What is the most talked about thing of the summer so far?" back in July. It led to a rather heated debate and caused the original post to be removed.

• Like 1

This is much better than the ape-#### rant he went off on a post made by The Marching Roundtable when they posed the question: "What is the most talked about thing of the summer so far?" back in July. It led to a rather heated debate and caused the original post to be removed.

P

Not sure who you're referring to with this comment .but if its me....you have the wrong person. I've never posted or commented in the roundtable forum. Nor have I ever had any comments or topics removed or locked.

Edited by GREENBLUE

There has been a mention on BK's FB that Marc Sylvester won't be coming back next season. This was posted by a BK member who received an email from Director Mark Arnold. I haven't seen a formal announcement from BK.

Hi Rocky, Unfortunately it's true Sully will not be returning to BK this year. Mark Arnold chose to have a parting of the ways which is very sad for most of us. There is some speculation about who may be replacing him; I am keeping my fingers crossed but at this time I can't say anything. It's wait and see and deal with the fall out if it comes to that.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom