Staff changes

What about Crown?

Anyone think it's time for a new drill writer? Maybe Sully to Crown??? I could see that.

What about Percussion. I loved the book, I just think it was hard for them to achieve, I might be off base there though. But it didn't help that the others around them were just great. It wasn't so much the drumline not being good I think. Lots of competition in the drums department.

Random question - where is the Michael Gaines to SCV rumor coming from? I've heard it numerous times, and not just on these forums. Has there been some indication that it might happen, or is it just a rumor that has gotten a lot of play?

Also, how long before Phantom goes for new percussion staff? They are clearly in contention for a title in the next few years, but they won't be able to do it without a Top 5 percussion section.

Random question - where is the Michael Gaines to SCV rumor coming from? I've heard it numerous times, and not just on these forums. Has there been some indication that it might happen, or is it just a rumor that has gotten a lot of play?

The rumors are just because of the connections between SCV and Cavies now, with Fiedler running the show out in California. He brought over lots of staff guys from the Cavaliers, and Gaines lives in San Francisco, about a half hour from Santa Clara. SCV has also been pulling in big names over the last few years to run their various captions and design stuff.

Also, how long before Phantom goes for new percussion staff? They are clearly in contention for a title in the next few years, but they won't be able to do it without a Top 5 percussion section.

Because Jeff Fiedler is there and brought a lot of old cavaliers staff mainly, so of course there will be speculation :p

in other news... somebody in this thread hates me.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 1

Might have something to do with longtime Cavies director Jeff Fielder being the director at SCV. Personally i'd like to see Weber have another chance with all the new staff that has gone in over the past couple of years.

Replace Leon May?

Why??? He's one of the best drill writers out there.

Have to completely disagree. Drill, form staging what ever you want to call it has been a major weakness for at least 4 years. Sylvester would be a good move there.

• Like 3

Replace Leon May?

Why??? He's one of the best drill writers out there.

Very debatable. His best work was probably Crown 2009.

Everything else was meh.

• Like 3

Talking with a buddy the other day i mentioned how much i would love to see the Cavies take some old school approaches and mix them with the current trends (body movement/synths, etc...)

If the Greg Poklacki rumor is true, i just may get my wish...

Greg assisted or wrote the Cavies drill i believe 92-96ish. From what I understand he's back in the states and lives in Illinois. A few years ago there were rumors floating around that he wanted to get back into the activity.

Personally, I loved the drill during his era and would be excited to see what he could do with the modern Cavaliers.

(I have to admit for years i've secretly wanted the Cavies redo The Planets with all the modern twists)

It's all speculation though:(

Honestly, I know nothing and will probably end up disappointed.

Edited by GREENBLUE

Very debatable. His best work was probably Crown 2009.

Everything else was meh.

Agreed that May's best effort was 2009. He is a good drill designer, but hasn't been able to write a championship level program. Crown with Sylvester could be monstrous.