Best Non-Finalist Moments of DCI 2012

Screw you...sure I can! Jersey Surf's entire show...from field entry from after cheesy phone bit to faint.

Nyyahaaa! :tongue:

Fixed it for ya Sam! :tongue:

I liked Scouts' a capella choir bit.

Yeah that was pretty nice....just watched that show a few hours ago. Good stuff from Madison this year.

but....umm.. :ph34r: I think they MADE Finals this year.... fyi :tongue:

I got to see each corps perform, beginning with Blue Saints on Thursday morning and ending with Blue Devils on Saturday night. For me, Les Stentors de Sherbrooke deserves attention.

Les Stentors de Sherbrooke is a little corps with a big heart. I know they've been around for a while and I've seen them in Boston area July 4th parades, but I've never seen them in competition. The average age is probably fifteen or sixteen. They travelled to Indy by school bus. Some of the instruments the corps used are probably older than the kids who played them. They had the time of their lives! Their show was pretty solid for a group their size and kids that age. The parade was their forte which they knew it and you could sense their pride. As all the horn lines assembled to play "Simple Gifts" Les Stentors fit right in, and as the corps were dismissed, they shook the hands of others corps members and in a thick French Canadian accent said "See you next year." If drum corps is going to have a revival in Canada, I hope this group leads the charge along with Blue Saints.

• Like 2

I know it didn't make it to finals week, but honestly, Teal Sound's entire show. I really wish a finals-week audience had the chance to see it. I caught a youtube video from earlier in the year and it was truly enjoyable.

My wife (volunteer) saw their show before they stopped touring and said it was great. I was looking forward to seeing it on FN or in Atlanta, but never got a chance. :-(

Screw you...sure I can! Jersey Surf's entire show...from field entry to faint.

Nyyahaaa! :tongue:

OK, OK--I just talked to the DCI DVD production team and they said if they work things just right, they can squeeze Surf's entire show in as a Bonus Feature. They might even make it an "Easter egg".

Colts - All By Myself

Academy - Whole show, but especially the sacrifice number.

Surf -Phone call, In the Stone Fanfare, Party Rock

Academy - 10 bass drums

Colts - All By Myself

Oregon - Tenors on practice pads (?)

SCVC - Take your pick!

Legends - Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Surf -Phone call, In the Stone Fanfare, Party Rock

Academy - 10 bass drums

Colts - All By Myself

Oregon - Tenors on practice pads (?)

SCVC - Take your pick!

Legends - Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Legends -- yes! Especially when they toll the ship's bell at the end.

Great other picks, too.

• Like 1

My wife (volunteer) saw their show before they stopped touring and said it was great. I was looking forward to seeing it on FN or in Atlanta, but never got a chance. :-(

There's a pretty good YouTube of Teal Sound's final show.

I saw it in Chambersburg the night before and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1