Blue Stars' Helmet

Having marched in those helmets (and buckle... and a white stripe down the leg... with white bucs), they needed to go. They wouldn't stay on your head if the tempo got to moving or the wind gotta blowing. Did I wish I could see those uni on the field on a Saturday night? Sure, but for only selfish reasons but the young people marching in the corps deserve a uniform that works for them and not against them. Get some blue back in the new uniform, put some of the traditions back in but be smart about things... not sentimental.

Edited by CloudHype
  • Like 2

Having marched in those helmets (and buckle... and a white stripe down the leg... with white bucs), they needed to go. They wouldn't stay on your head if the tempo got to moving or the wind gotta blowing. Did I wish I could see those uni on the field on a Saturday night? Sure, but for only selfish reasons but the young people marching in the corps deserve a uniform that works for them and not against them. Get some blue back in the new uniform, put some of the traditions back in but be smart about things... not sentimental.

Very good point. Are phantoms or bluecoats helmets one size fits all too? How do theirs work but ours didnt?

Very good point. Are phantoms or bluecoats helmets one size fits all too? How do theirs work but ours didnt?

If it's anything like the helmets we had in high school, it has an adjustable skull fitting (like souvenir batting helmets) where you can adjust the circumference to the wearer's head.

If it's anything like the helmets we had in high school, it has an adjustable skull fitting (like souvenir batting helmets) where you can adjust the circumference to the wearer's head.

hmm so i wonder if the stars just didnt have them made that way. I know the plume on just one side my cause issues with wind and such, but couldnt an easy fix be a fixed in weight on the other side?

hmm so i wonder if the stars just didnt have them made that way. I know the plume on just one side my cause issues with wind and such, but couldnt an easy fix be a fixed in weight on the other side?

It is more of a tilt forward/ tilt backwards thing vs. a left/ right.

They are more like the grey stars if u ask me

I guess that is about the 1000th time that line has been used on here. You would think someone using Blue Devils in his screen name would much more creative.