Watch Prelims (and more) on your computer!

Glen

I'm not understanding why everyone thinks that its going to be a mirror image of DCI who has had a fan network for 10 years and therefore had 10 years to build it up.

I don't think anyone is expecting that. We know it will take time for the archives to be populated, especially considering just what you mentioned. But in order for this thing to work, especially getting it off the ground, it has to make sense from a pricing perspective. There's a huge difference between what DCI offers for the same price, using the same backbone.

I'm fine with a price jump for a prelims stream. I think it's well worth the $30. But the $65 package is costly for what you get. Hopefully, the streams and VODs will be in HD.

• Like 1

The next question I have, purely because I am new to the Fan Network since I have no interest in the other circuits, did DCI actually set the prices for this service since it is their site or was it even up to DCA?

I'm not understanding why everyone thinks that its going to be a mirror image of DCI who has had a fan network for 10 years and therefore had 10 years to build it up. I'm sure they put it out now so we could watch Championships instead of them waiting for all the content to be loaded. I would also imagine that the subscription price will cover anything they add between now and the end date. The only thing I do agree with about all the gripes is that $69.95 is steep for half a year. (Okay 9 months but still, not the whole year.) It should be a bit lower since it only covers until May then you have to renew.

I imagine that it is going to be a lot harder to build an archive with DCA with so many different video companies over the years. The only constructive thing I can do is offer up my VHS sets for 1992, 1993, and 1995 to be copied. I will gladly digitize it myself and hand it over to DCA if they need me to. Anything to help build it up!

Im comparing it to DCI because its the exact same site, just DCA. IMO its like trying to sell a Ford at a Mercedes-Benz + a little more price.

Now Im not trying to turn this into DCI is better than DCA. Im saying that the limited content currently advertised is not worth the money when I get so much more from DCI for cheaper.

DCI has lowered their starting price ($40) now that the season is over and you dont get the live streaming (for obvious reasons). This is what DCA needs to do right now while there is limited content.

Im wondering though if the price is high because they are paying DCI a fee to use their network? Idk... just a guess.

Im not hating on this at all, Ive been waiting for it for years now. Im glad to see it happening and once they fill up the archives and a new season starts so I can catch all the live streams, Ill gladly pay more.

Edited by skeptic

ya know what...i'll be at the live events ( minus minis)

i'll pay it anyways. never know what may show up as the winter goes on

ya know what...i'll be at the live events ( minus minis)

i'll pay it anyways. never know what may show up as the winter goes on

Yea, I'll probably do the same thing. No sense complaining if you aren't willing to help out. I still want a DCI/DCA/WGI trifecta.

Yea, I'll probably do the same thing. No sense complaining if you aren't willing to help out. I still want a DCI/DCA/WGI trifecta.

I want the powerball ticket from Michigan too

:tongue:

Ouch, yeah way too expensive. :thumbdown:

It doesn't seem too expensive to me when I compare it to what I would spend going to Annapolis. I'm saving at least $500. That's just for championship weekend, not considering the future video on demand (Scranton for one). I'm still in awe of this technology. Back in the day, if we could see a super 8 movie that somebody's dad took, we were ecstatic. I would rather be there of course, but I'm excited that I get to see the big show! Thanks to all involved.

Edited by Santana
  • Like 3

It doesn't seem too expensive to me when I compare it to what I would spend going to Annapolis. I'm saving at least $500. That's just for championship weekend, not considering the future video on demand (Scranton for one). I'm still in awe of this technology. Back in the day, if we could see a super 8 movie that somebody's dad took, we were ecstatic. I would rather be there of course, but I'm excited that I get to see the big show! Thanks to all involved.

Going this year so not getting any of the Online package. But like the idea of breaking it down for the individual events. And this will be up for a while so you can go back and rewatch something you like or missed (did that last year a good bit with some corps).

And as a comparision spending about $150 each for good seats for Prelims-Alumni-Finals and willing missing corps on food and bathroom breaks.

Any estimate on when Scranton will be available for on-demand viewing?

• Like 2