What's the best dynasty in DCI's history?

95 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best dynasty in DCI history?

• Blue Devils 1976-1982 (5 in 7 years)
    • Cadets 1983-1987 (4 in 5 years)
    • Cavaliers 2000-2006 (5 in 7 years)
    • Blue Devils 2007-Present (4 in 6 years)

Cadets. Why? because they truly changed the game. first they zigged, then everyone started zigging, so they zagged.

it wasn't like now where innovation is bandied about, yet it's really just borrowed from another sub genre of this great game we play. They truly went where no one went before, and while cavies run, tie and all was ###### good, they couldn't have done that without Cadets paving the way

• Like 2

I would look at this in a different way because I always look at the top 4 as always being contenders and for ALL TIME TOP 4 since 1972:

BD = 34

SCV = 25

Cadets = 25

The Cavaliers = 24

The numbers might be off a little but if we were discussing a corps that you could expect to make it in the top... this is the top 4

Phantom Regiment = 20 (PR get's a little love)

I went for the current BD run. Largely for this reason - if Regiment hadn't had that lightning in a bottle Spartacus show in 2008, we would be looking at 5 in 6 years, including 4 in a row.... This is really splitting hairs, though. All four of these runs are equally impressive in their own ways...

Harvey

These are all impressive runs. I suppose BD's first run in the early 70's might get the nod from me as this was what set the tone for their future successive runs of competitive excellence. They probablly don't get the other runs, without first separating themselves from the rest of the DCI pack with that first run of theirs.

Edited by BRASSO

SCV - finalists every year since the inception of DCI. Nobody else will ever have that - nobody.

yep..