DCA Annapolis Predictions

I can see this happening,............although Empire has not finished out of the top 4 since 1988,...............

Top Four every year from 1988 until the present. An amazing streak.

There 'ya go!

We'll see what shakes out next Saturday night. Let's compare notes on Sunday!

Thanks, guy!

Thank you!

I also regard this thread as a fun way to speculate to our heart's content. No worries and - hopefully - no egos.

That said, the Bucs will likely win. Minnesota is second with their visual score being the difference. Everyone now thinks the Cabs will be right up there. And they are probably right. So I'll put them in 3rd, but a close 3rd to MBI.

4th? Empire or Hurcs? Hmmm... Hurricanes. Maybe. Guard and Percussion gives them an edge.

5th. Empire Statesmen. But I'd love to be proven wrong. There is always that elusive "communication" caption.

6th. Given that Cadets 2 will probably be practicing a lot leading up to the championships (just because these are high-schoolers for pete's sake and thus they probably don't have a lot of other commitments!), I'll go with C2 here.

7th. Kidsgrove. But who knows? Maybe as high as 5th. With that terrific show I'd like to fantasize for 4th! :smile:

8th. Renegades. Again, who knows? Alanta might easily overtake them or else the Renegades climb as high as 4th for all we know.

9th. Atlanta CV. But not a given. The placings around here are turbulent at best. I really would love to see Atlanta in the top 5 mix, sooner than later.

10th. Fusion Core. By a nose.

Now, here I'm adding an 11th place. Just because Kidsgrove will not have voting rights in 2013. Overall score goes to the Govenaires for voting rights. Open Class placement for 10th goes to Tampa Bay Thunder while the corps below Kidsgrove advance one position.

This said, I agree with the majority here: This may be the best DCA Top Ten line-up in many years!

Edited by Ron H

I predict that Fran's shirt will be outrageous and louder than many small jets. :tongue:

• Like 3

I predict that Fran's shirt will be outrageous and louder than many small jets. :tongue:

LOL!!!!

Maybe... maybe not.

You know...hmmm...

After watching MBI's show at DCI Minnesota for about a hundred times on the DCI Fan Network...

There is something there that I didn't see before. Some really nice subtleties in the drill. And some nice movement. I admit I'm a "homer" and so take my comments for what it's worth. But I'm also a strong critic of the corps. MBI's show has a weirdly powerful "heart." Sorry that I can't be a little more explicit. It's just a feeling about the overall show concept. Which is strange to me because I never did connect with the "Bonnie & Clyde" concept and thought it was just a misplaced show idea and a rather shallow gimmick. But after repeated viewings it's starting to makes sense to me now.

So for what it's worth, I'm finally getting it.

Edited by Ron H
  • Like 1

So who is gonna watch the DCW writers father during Prelims? :devil:

you think you can handle him?

1st place - Bucs They are very well balanced this year and at Scranton showed no signs of slowing down. In fact, they seem to be picking up steam.

2nd place - MB Great sound, clean look, but at B-port, they were closer to the rest of the top 5 than Bucs. Their show is not quite what they brought to the field last year.

3rd place - Cabs Great new look and sound for the corps this year, although they never let you forget who they are. Could be 2nd with a great show on Sunday night.

4th place - Could see up to 5 different corps in this spot... My best guess is one of the wildcards ends up here. Kidsgrove or C2? For pure speculating fun, I go with Kidsgrove.

5th place - C2 Somehow, I see this corps getting more out of the last two weekends than some of their closest competitors in the rankings.

6th place - Empire I just can't see them any lower, although this year there is probably more competition than ever for those top 4 spots. No doubt that they will bring some Statesmen Style to the weekend and give it their best shot.

7th place - Renegades Just because I know it freaks everyone out. Seriously, they have been eerily quiet this season. I have this feeling they are going to once again surprise a lot of people. Could see them and ES switch.

8th place - Hurricanes They are drumming, spinning and marching well enough to be higher, but their brass score will hold them back. Not that their hornline is bad, it's just that there are so many other hornlines that are doing better

9th place - CV Their visual score will put them in Finals, especially their Guard. I can see Fusion topping them musically, but not by much.

10th place - Fusion Solid hornline sound is going to put these guys over the 3 corps that unfortunately do not make the cut this year.

If Fusion Core is 10th place...it is a very good year for DCA!!!! :worthy:

• Like 1

I have to say that I find all of these prediction threads very amusing. I understand that they are for the entertainment of those here on the forums. I get that it is just speculation. I get that this is a commpetative activity and as such, will be subject to people speculating about the outcome. I get it...I really do...BUT..

Here's what is going to happen...FOR SURE

We here at CV are going to bust our tail this week. We are going to clean. We are going to make changes. We are going to work our backsides off to make this product the best thing people have ever seen. We are going to ice those sore muscles, wrap those senior citizen knees, pop that Ibuprofen by the bottle, sweat till we can't stand the smell of ourselves and then we are going to go out and work some more. Then we are going to get on a bus and head to Annapolis. When we get there we are going to have a fabulous week with the people whose lives we have shared and we have grown to love and respect over the last nine months. Then we are going to go out on Saturday and do our best to bring the house down. We will leave nothing in the lot. We will let everything we have hang out, and we will spill our souls for those in attendance.

...and you know what...

...so will every other corps out there all over the country. A class, Open class, Allumni corps, Mini corps...doesn't matter. Every single one of them will be doing the same thing. BRINGIN' IT!

The absolute, guarenteed, hands down, without a doubt winner...

The crowd and the members who have given of themselves to make it happen.

Can't wait to see everyone in a week or so. I have nothing but respect for all of you. If you get a chance, check us out...I think you will like it. I will try to do the same for you.

Good Luck EVERYONE!!!

• Like 2

I have to say that I find all of these prediction threads very amusing. I understand that they are for the entertainment of those here on the forums. I get that it is just speculation. I get that this is a commpetative activity and as such, will be subject to people speculating about the outcome. I get it...I really do...BUT..

Here's what is going to happen...FOR SURE

We here at CV are going to bust our tail this week. We are going to clean. We are going to make changes. We are going to work our backsides off to make this product the best thing people have ever seen. We are going to ice those sore muscles, wrap those senior citizen knees, pop that Ibuprofen by the bottle, sweat till we can't stand the smell of ourselves and then we are going to go out and work some more. Then we are going to get on a bus and head to Annapolis. When we get there we are going to have a fabulous week with the people whose lives we have shared and we have grown to love and respect over the last nine months. Then we are going to go out on Saturday and do our best to bring the house down. We will leave nothing in the lot. We will let everything we have hang out, and we will spill our souls for those in attendance.

...and you know what...

...so will every other corps out there all over the country. A class, Open class, Allumni corps, Mini corps...doesn't matter. Every single one of them will be doing the same thing. BRINGIN' IT!

The absolute, guarenteed, hands down, without a doubt winner...

The crowd and the members who have given of themselves to make it happen.

Can't wait to see everyone in a week or so. I have nothing but respect for all of you. If you get a chance, check us out...I think you will like it. I will try to do the same for you.

Good Luck EVERYONE!!!

Dan, I can imagine some of these predictions are nothing but Red Fuming Nitric Acid poured onto an out of control fire for CV. If I were you, I'd be irritated as well. People used to enjoy slotting Westshore a lot, too. :satisfied:

I also read between the lines and see many of the predictions tend to think the size of the wand indicates how much magic is in it. You've been around about as long as I have and I know you know better about that. :satisfied:

Good luck to CV. I think the vehicle is better than 9th place myself. I'm certain the corps will do their best to prove that. More amusing to me is the fact the people who bemoan slotting and pre-judging seem to be doing JUST that considering all we have to go on with one corps in particular are fun rehearsal collage videos set to music and one won't have a number until tomorrow. But I guess the videos are good enough.... :satisfied:

Edited by BigW