DCA Annapolis Predictions

Sarcasm - I do not think it means what you think it means.

oh i know exactly what sarcasm means. Trust me, I've used it here on DCp at least 50,000 times since 2002.

right after you define "is"

HAHA that's the easy one: whatever isn't "is"

:-)

HAHA that's the easy one: whatever isn't "is"

:-)

so says you. Congress had to have impeachment hearings over "is"

and we all know they can twist anything LOL

• Like 1

wow....even a post on DCP is art! What has drum corps come to?

I hope not. Mike Boo doesn't need any more encouragement.

• Like 1

Just for the record...

Empire went on for a full show in DCI 1995 in Buffalo, thereby exposing DCA to a full house DCI audience. Westshoremen did the same thing the next year, and Brigs a couple of times as well since then.

I am so glad that you enjoyed DCI, but I never marched in an Empire corps that wasn't trying to WIN DCA!!!! As a proud alum, I find your comments very disturbing. We did all of the same stuff but we also competed to win.

Donny

Performing your fieldshow at a DCI event near your hometown is not the same as taking an entire weekend late in the season to go do standstills and flashmobs at DCI finals in another part of the country for 3-4 days. They also stayed at an amusement part several times during the season, and they obviously did no competitions this weekend (opting for some kind of homeshow), while everyone else went out and got 1 or 2 scores.

So yeah - they can do what they want, and I'm sure they are still working their butts off to do well competitively. I dont really know the grand plan or mission of the group, but one thing is clear, this year especially - you can only stretch yourself so thin before the effects start to become noticable. To the naked eye, they dont really look much different than any other year, but i'm guessing they just lack that polish that comes from a group that performs a 10 minute show together a zillion times over the summer.

I'll be honest in that I haven't been very deeply involved in DCA until about 7-8 years ago, so maybe this kind of rehearsal schedule (or lack thereof) has been done before by a perennial top 3 corps - but thats just my take. Also seems like the have way more holes than usual, which has nothing to do with their schedule /this issue (hell, rehearsing less and taking more trips would make more people want to march, i would think)

• Like 1

Performing your fieldshow at a DCI event near your hometown is not the same as taking an entire weekend late in the season to go do standstills and flashmobs at DCI finals in another part of the country for 3-4 days. They also stayed at an amusement part several times during the season, and they obviously did no competitions this weekend (opting for some kind of homeshow), while everyone else went out and got 1 or 2 scores.

So yeah - they can do what they want, and I'm sure they are still working their butts off to do well competitively. I dont really know the grand plan or mission of the group, but one thing is clear, this year especially - you can only stretch yourself so thin before the effects start to become noticable. To the naked eye, they dont really look much different than any other year, but i'm guessing they just lack that polish that comes from a group that performs a 10 minute show together a zillion times over the summer.

I'll be honest in that I haven't been very deeply involved in DCA until about 7-8 years ago, so maybe this kind of rehearsal schedule (or lack thereof) has been done before by a perennial top 3 corps - but thats just my take. Also seems like the have way more holes than usual, which has nothing to do with their schedule /this issue (hell, rehearsing less and taking more trips would make more people want to march, i would think)

I really dont want to debate this with you or anyone else.

When I was in the corps we went to Sweden and Denmark over a whole week during the summer, we went to Bermuda, Barbados, Rio DeJaniero, performed for Kings, in race tracks, soccer stadiums, and so on. All of these things happened during seasons that we either A.) Won DCA, or B.) came a VERY close second to a superb Bushwackers corps. The corps went to England and came back in 1998 to win DCA. We did "flash mobs" before there was a term to describe what they were. We also had Power Zone, that was a smaller group that won the DCA title every year we competed.

I am truly hoping to motivate someone to understand that what they did this summer was not as unusual as it is made to seem. The difference I feel right now is that the will to compete to win is missing. Believe me, I know what I am posting is making some people mad. I am sure that I will hear about from someone. Hopefully it will motivate the corps I love the most of all of my drum corps experiences to accelerate their passion to compete at the highest level.

Donny

• Like 2

Right there with you, DA...word for word...even if it means taking a few eggs and tomatoes.

Empire never did anything half way. Or even 90-10. It was always all-in, all the time. The uniform represents excellence, entertainment, fearlessness and no-holds-barred.

Empire was always DCA's Muhammad Ali, its Apollo Creed...arrogant, confident, flag waving, fun, hated by some and loved at the same time, over the top with swagger and a big punch right behind it.

"If you can back it up, it aint braggin'" has worked for 28 years. It HAD to be great, first and foremost on the field, or else it would have just been dismissed as a windbag of hype with no substance. Only way to do that is to have everyone on the same page. The Statesmen aren't great because of the Edge. The Edge is great because of the Statesmen. And the name on the front of the jersey is a helluva lot more important than the one on the back.

And so forth.

I have a feeling that this is an important weekend for the corps; Friday and Saturday finding that "thing" we are talking about here. And I predict that Sunday night will have that Ali feel to it....they've done the rope a dope, taking a few punches during the season for sure...but they'll get it right...with a flair for the dramatic...and remind us who "the champ" is... and let it all hang out.

I really dont want to debate this with you or anyone else.

When I was in the corps we went to Sweden and Denmark over a whole week during the summer, we went to Bermuda, Barbados, Rio DeJaniero, performed for Kings, in race tracks, soccer stadiums, and so on. All of these things happened during seasons that we either A.) Won DCA, or B.) came a VERY close second to a superb Bushwackers corps. The corps went to England and came back in 1998 to win DCA. We did "flash mobs" before there was a term to describe what they were. We also had Power Zone, that was a smaller group that won the DCA title every year we competed.

I am truly hoping to motivate someone to understand that what they did this summer was not as unusual as it is made to seem. The difference I feel right now is that the will to compete to win is missing. Believe me, I know what I am posting is making some people mad. I am sure that I will hear about from someone. Hopefully it will motivate the corps I love the most of all of my drum corps experiences to accelerate their passion to compete at the highest level.

Donny

Edited by wishbonecav