DCA Annapolis Predictions

There are a great number of CV alums that have driven 250+ miles just to get to rehearsal.

Considering most contest were 7-19+ hours away a 285 mile contest seems like a walk in the park.

that may be true for CV, and has been from day 1. It didn't used to be this way for Empire. So they have adapted what they do to the current circumstances....all within the rules

• Like 2

There have been peeps travelling from WV to march with Cabs as well. Not always cut and dried as to how far people travel. It depends on where you want to be, if the time, desirer, and money is available.

Empire has historically drawn from a large geographic area. Upstate NEPA, etc. They're not all living in Rochester, believe me.

There have been peeps travelling from WV to march with Cabs as well. Not always cut and dried as to how far people travel. It depends on where you want to be, if the time, desirer, and money is available.

Empire has historically drawn from a large geographic area. Upstate NEPA, etc. They're not all living in Rochester, believe me.

We also have people coming from Canada too.. i believe its 9 hours.

And when they get there, they get a good nights sleep and travel a few miles to the show site. There isnt any place on the schedule they couldnt leave Hawthorne at 7:30am for and be on time for practice. Ok, maybe one. :)

Hawthorne to Rochester was a "holy crap, this trip sucks" kinda trip at 325 miles.

Imagine going from Hawthorne to Rochester every weekend? That would make the decision to march a little different, no?

We also have people coming from Canada too.. i believe its 9 hours.

Edited by wishbonecav

And when they get there, they get a good nights sleep and travel a few miles to the show site. There isnt any place on the schedule they couldnt leave Hawthorne at 7:30am for and be on time for practice. Ok, maybe one. :)

Hawthorne to Rochester was a "holy crap, this trip sucks" kinda trip at 325 miles.

Imagine going from Hawthorne to Rochester every weekend? That would make the decision to march a little different, no?

From November to August I traveled from Rochester to Hawthorne for every rehearsal/show weekend. BigW is right when he says the ladies love the sombrero :)

Edited by MMelloL0ver
  • Like 1

Not sure who you think you are, but the blanket insults and sarcasm? Why bother.

You know it all already, so there's no point in hanging out here. The DCI forums might be more your speed. We talk as friends here and sign our names. It's really more a place for grown ups.

Maybe you go do something else....there's got to be some traffic somewhere.

SORRY MODS...i know, i know....should have been a PM....you can erase it.....having a little fun at mr smart ###'es expense. He's like flounder

hahahahahahaha.

What, is there a DCP policy that we have to sign our names to everything? Have I broken a rule somewhere? I dont normally enjoy hurcs shows...this year I do - so what? I am not your friend, and I will not pretend to be, again, this doesnt mean there is no place for me or my thoughts here.

The ironic thing is that I admit what I dont know in each my posts - pointing out my lack of knowledge with a certain era of drum corps. Never have I suggested that I know it all, although i obviously know enough to hit close to the mark, otherwise you wouldn't be so up in arms... On top of all that, you accuse me of being a smart###, and then make jokes about playing in traffic and other silly BS. So now, who is the one going off-topic...

Believe it or not, I enjoy empire, and I want them to do well. I dont think every corps should be like them, but the activity could benefit from a few more following their path. They just seem like a corps at a crossroads, thats all. Just because I point out some negative things that I've seen this year doesn't make me a troll or a hater. Check my stats, i've been around and reading for quite a while...

Oddly enough, during my 3 years in DCI, I drove 90 minutes to most rehearsals. My 3 years in DCA - 6-8 hours, just to get to our corps' 'home base'. Even crazier is that my sister and I would give rides to people that have to go 1-2 hours just to meet us, before we made the trek to Rochester. Leaving in Philly or DC traffic at 5pm on a friday to get somewhere 200+ miles away is a great time, let me tell you :rolleyes:

Anyway, we will be fine this weekend. The corps had a unique season, but last weekend (for example) was a blast playing for the home crowd in rochester, and I certainly wouldn't have traded that for a score or better seeding. That said, we are absolutely trying to be the best corps we can be no matter what, and we'll see where things are when the dust settles on sunday night (as we are standing in the pouring rain for the second year in a row at retreat!!!)

• Like 1

OK....back to the original name of this thread: "DCA Annapolis Predictions"

I predict that in prelims, Excelsior will finish FIRST............... at 2:12 pm

Joe Dz.