25 years later

I would love to see SCV to play Phantom of the Opera again, and what better way to do it than there 25th anniversery of the 1989 Championship winning show. Would you also love to hear it again?

• Like 2

Would you also love to hear it again?

No. Next question.

• Like 2

I loved SCV 88 and 89 POTO. And 4 different corps this year did selections from Phantom as well. I would probably prefer they didn't do it again next year. Repeat performances are almost never as good as the original time they did it. Look at Cadets West Side Story, 84, 94 and 09. While each program was great, none of later performaces of it were as good as their 84 version.

Should SCV choose to perform Phantom again, I am sure I would love it, and many people would as well. but personally I think there are many other wonderful pieces they could pull off a better show with, and not have to be compared the highest scoring show of all time(at that time, and for 13 years the show that so many other would compare championship shows to)

• Like 1

Repeat performances are almost never as good as the original time they did it.

Oh how ironic that this statement is made in a forum about the 25th anniversary of a repeat show that was pulled off better than the original, hence winning the championship the second time around! :hehe:

• Like 1

Drum Corps has changed so much in that time, I would have no real issue if SCV or any other WC corps based their show on PotO.

I would love to see SCV to play Phantom of the Opera again, and what better way to do it than there 25th anniversery of the 1989 Championship winning show. Would you also love to hear it again?

Good god no. I can't understand why people love Andrew Lloyd Webber, he's such a banal composer. He's got an ear for melodic hooks and very little else.

• Like 4

Good god no. I can't understand why people love Andrew Lloyd Webber, he's such a banal composer. He's got an ear for melodic hooks and very little else.

TOTALLY agree; I'm not a fan of Webber, or Phantom of the Opera specifically (I saw the musical after I saw SCV 89's show, and without all the brass & percussion it just feels flat to me :tongue: )