What was the best winning brassline of the last 25 years?

171 members have voted

1. 1. What was the overall best winning brassline of the last 25 years?

• 2012 Carolina Crown
    • 2011 Carolina Crown
    • 2010 Blue Devils
    • 2009 Carolina Crown
    • 2008 Blue Devils
    • 2007 Blue Devils
    • 2006 Cavaliers
    • 2005 Cadets
    • 2004 Blue Devils
    • 2003 Blue Devils
    • 2002 Cavaliers
    • 2001 Blue Devils
    • 2000 Cadets
    • 1999 Blue Devils
    • 1998 Blue Devils
    • 1997 Blue Devils
    • 1996 Phantom Regiment
    • 1995 Blue Devils
    • 1994 Blue Devils
    • 1993 Blue Devils
    • 1992 Star of Indiana
    • 1991 Star of Indiana
    • 1990 Star of Indiana
    • 1989 Phantom Regiment
    • 1988 Madison Scouts
  2. 2. What was the loudest winning brassline of the last 25 years?

• 2012 Carolina Crown
    • 2011 Carolina Crown
    • 2010 Blue Devils
    • 2009 Carolina Crown
    • 2008 Blue Devils
    • 2007 Blue Devils
    • 2006 Cavaliers
    • 2005 Cadets
    • 2004 Blue Devils
    • 2003 Blue Devils
    • 2002 Cavaliers
    • 2001 Blue Devils
    • 2000 Cadets
    • 1999 Blue Devils
    • 1998 Blue Devils
    • 1997 Blue Devils
    • 1996 Phantom Regiment
    • 1995 Blue Devils
    • 1994 Blue Devils
    • 1993 Blue Devils
    • 1992 Star of Indiana
    • 1991 Star of Indiana
    • 1990 Star of Indiana
    • 1989 Phantom Regiment
    • 1988 Madison Scouts

I dont care what a "website" says, get your facts straight. You are making a poll and your posting false information, therefore your poll is nothing more than folly....simple as that. Sorry you see it as rude, but the fact is, its rude to present false inormation as fact.

G

I appreciate his efforts and don't understand why you would attack him just because the final product wasn't perfect. It is clear from the dialogue that there is differing information among people who are very knowledgable of dci and I certainly don't think that makes them all rude.

To err is human. And judging by the many spelling and grammatical errors in your post you would appear to be quite human as well.

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 2

Not sure if it was clarified about 1995. And no disrespect to anyone, but 1995 was a three way tie. This happened due to Dci averaging the scores from all three nights. I was the brass caption head for the Cadets that summer. We won brass outright on Friday night. The Devils were great on Saturday and Madison was hot all week:-). (Thus a 3-way tie. There are pictures of me and my staff with the Jim Ott trophy if you need proof. )

Sincerely,

Larry Markiewicz past brass caption head of the Cadets and enjoying my first summer of retirement from drum corps!

Yes, I'm sorry for the inaccuracies in this poll everyone, I was unaware that they averaged the top brass scores in the '90s. I'm just trying to have a little bit of offseason fun, but do I want it to be as accurate as possible. Below are the problems that have been pointed out so far:

1. 1995 Three way tie: There is a maximum limit of 25 answers per poll question. If I add the two other brass champions from this year, I have to bump off a couple of others.

2. 1991 Star of Indiana / BD: I only read "Brass Field," I missed the "General Brass" section they had on those older score sheets. This one is another tie, so it's the same problem as the first one.

3. 1988 Madison Scouts / BD: I misread the score sheets on this year. BD won outright. However, the Scouts have won so many votes I think the best thing may be to just leave it as is, regardless of the inaccuracy.

So, if anyone has an idea of how to "fix" these errors, please let me know.