2012 DCA World Championships Prelims

Has the rain stopped?

I think Sunday am prelims finish and then finals that evening.

'Not sure how'd they'd do that, as the Alumni Spectacular Corps segment of DCA are scheduled to start performing at 10am and into the early afternoon on this very field if I'm not mistaken. If they make the competing Corps go on Sunday Morn at 8 or 9am or whatever... ouch.

Edited by BRASSO

Fire and rain, James Taylor? Someone is on a roll tonight...

LOVE that song, especially the live recording.

How is it unfair? These three corps were going to be in Finals. Much as I like both Kilties and Bush, they were placed out of Finals well before these three corps were scheduled to perform.

Well, to use an analogy, look at today's college football games. Nobody thought Ohio would score within two touchdowns of Penn State. So if college football allowed rainouts, & they just assumed Penn State would kick the snot out of Ohio (so they never play the game & give PSU the win), then we never would have seen Ohio walk into PSU's stadium & beat them by 10.

Granted, there's a 1 in 5,000,000 shot that Bucs score lower than Bush, but if every single worse-case scenario possible occurred, then there's that chance their outcome & score could be different than how we predict.

Edited by loopin' froot loops
  • Like 1

My gut tells me if they can't finish the show its going to be MBI, CABS MBI and then whoever scored what place tonight 4-10.

Anyone want to wager???

Well, to use an analogy, look at today's college football games. Nobody thought Ohio would score within two touchdowns of Penn State. So if college football allowed rainouts, & they just assumed Penn State would kick the snot out of Ohio, then we never would have seen Ohio walk into PSU's stadium & beat them by 10.

Granted, there's a 1 in 5,000,000 shot that Bucs score lower than Bush, but if every single worse-case scenario possible occurred, then there's that chance their outcome & score could be different than how we predict.

Usually they reschedule games that are cancelled because of weather, but that's because the two teams play at the same time...

• Like 1

Again, I ask...Why?

They weren't "eliminated" yet. We know they would have been but since they aren't eliminated yet, why eliminate them?

My gut tells me if they can't finish the show its going to be MBI, CABS MBI and then whoever scored what place tonight 4-10.

Anyone want to wager???

No bet. There's just no better way to do it right now, especially with how tight tomorrow's schedule already is.