2012 DCA World Championships Prelims

The mini corps feed from last night is still available for viewing. Since the field is water logged (literally), we're not starting back up anytime soon.

I hope they get the show in. I don't know how they handle the prelims positions if its cancelled. Do they allow Corps that did not compete in prelims...even in a rain out..... automatically into Finals with a sort of " go pass " over Corps that competed, but won't make the Finals because of their prelims score ? This'll be interesting to see how they do this.

Edited by BRASSO

I hope they get the show in. I don't know how they handle the prelims positions if its cancelled. Do they allow Corps that did not compete in prelims...even in a rain out..... automatically into Finals with a sort of " go pass " over Corps that competed, but won't make the Finals because of their score ? This'll be interesting to see how they do this.

I would imagine that while they're seeded much higher than Kilties & Bush, it could come across as unfair to those corps to be "knocked out of finals" by groups that didn't even perform.. Perhaps they'll put all 12 Open Class corps into finals?

• Like 1

It is 74 and partly cloudy in Rochester....Just saying.

We miss you, but the women's Olympic soccer team launched their victory tour here today. A big event, but wish we had DCA instead.

Yeahm but it is really nice to see DCA move outside the northeast. I think it is encouraging to corps outside the region, and certainly a lot cheaper for many of them! Plus, Annapolis is a better city, in my opinion.

I hope they get the show in. I don't know how they handle the prelims positions if its cancelled. Do they allow Corps that did not compete in prelims...even in a rain out..... automatically into Finals with a sort of " go pass " over Corps that competed, but won't make the Finals because of their prelims score ? This'll be interesting to see how they do this.

This isn't DCA, but, in '94, DCI automatically seeded the last 9 corps into semis after quarterfinals got rained out.

Fun side note: Since Glassmen got the last score of that night, I am technically a member of the 1994 DCI Quarterfinals champions.

I think Sunday am prelims finish and then finals that evening.

Not enough time with Alumni Spectacular.

I think Sunday am prelims finish and then finals that evening.

Nope, Alumni Spectcular is at 10. There's no time to push that down to make room for three corps which are going to be in Finals anyway. IF we can't finish tonight, I'll bet MBI, Cabs, and Bucs get seeded in with their Prelims order.

• Like 1

Folks we have been down this road before. In 2006 the powers at be determined they were going to let the show go on as long as possible into the night. But at some point if they had to pull the plug any corps that had not performed would take their prelims position at finals.

I strongly suspect that is what is going to happen tonight if they can't get the remaining corps in. That or they just say all 12 perform at finals. That would not surprise me the least bit.

This could probably be a advantage to the Hurricanes and C2 IMHO. They will have the benefit of judges tapes / recaps and possibly a higher score than where they were seeded coming into semi finals. I doubt its going to effect the 6th through 10 corps any at all.

No matter what happens its going to be some lively discussion well into the morning hours on DCP.