2012 DCA World Championships Prelims

so history was made last night how many years has it bee foe empire out of the top 4? WOW!!!

I've got to get this off my chest.....IMO.....Cabs M&M was terrible tonight, unless the judges don't look at feet anymore or spacing problems (or trying to catch up to other horn players in line). Minn. Brass clearly had the cleanest M&M tonight, even Bucs had more problems then I thought they would (although they are still good). Hurcs had the best guard (IMO) Empire had the best Honor Guard. Maybe Bucs get the highest score but NOT that much over MB.....come on.

Cabs and Hurcs should have been closer (if not tied - ha ha), but the jump up to a 98 was not called for. I had to get this off my chest tonight. Oh, and Cadets were better than I thought they'd be, congrats to them on a good showing for the first time at DCA.

I guess the placings were right, I just didn't like the scores......oh well, I'll live with it (but I'm anxious to see the breakdowns)

Thanks for letting me spout off.

Cabs have an oustanding corps.....but I have to agree with you on one point; Their visual is the weak element (all season) due to numerous brass members who simply don't have the level of fitness to keep the pace...they often stick out, especially as the season progressed. Beyond that, they're back to being the mighty Cabalerros!

Cabs have an oustanding corps.....but I have to agree with you on one point; Their visual is the weak element (all season) due to numerous brass members who simply don't have the level of fitness to keep the pace...they often stick out, especially as the season progressed. Beyond that, they're back to being the mighty Cabalerros!

One of the things I admire most about the Cabs is that they have a very welcoming atmosphere to all walks of life. It's an extremely rare case for them to turn away anyone especially due to fitness. They give everyone regardless of age, gender, financial status, talent, or fitness level an opportunity.

This may or may not hurt them this weekend but I'd rather see them in third with this policy than in second if they had previously cut said players. IMO

I also believe they are dot to dot marchers instead of form marchers so it's likely these people weren't trying to keep up as much as adjust from a previous dot.

Either way. It's been a great season for them. Better than all of us predicted after Wildwood.

One of the things I admire most about the Cabs is that they have a very welcoming atmosphere to all walks of life.

<snip>

Either way. It's been a great season for them. Better than all of us predicted after Wildwood.

Not true. Several of us, myself included, called Cabs in the top 3 back in June. They are VERY deserving of their placement last night, even though the clearly have a better run in them.

if they even compete.

So inappropriate to make such a comment on the day of finals this year.

• Like 1

So inappropriate to make such a comment on the day of finals this year.

well you may be right. but big things are happening there. and they are my home town corps and i love them. so i apologize. it was wrong. my emotions got the better of me.