Troopers 2013

Not to be Captain Obvious here, but if Troopers really wanted to feature the actual colors during the sunburst, it'd be easy enough to do. They already have one on the truck for parades and retreat - put it on the field, guarded, and make it part of the color pre/sunburst.

I'm a pretty aggressive First Amendment fan, but also less than thrilled about representations of the national colors used as guard equipment choices. For me it's the cheapness of the concept that offends. The design and images of the US colors are iconic enough that they can be suggested rather broadly, if necessary, without having to go down the "oh, but it's not a real flag...see, the stripes are wavy" route.

If any drum corps used a real American flag, the rules of edict apply and could hinder the design of the show. Example: No other flag shall stand higher then the American flag. (Troopers can no longer toss or do any flag work higher then their Stars and Stripes).

Buy using a "mock" flag, Troop can do any visuals they want.

I came to your Troopers thread to say how much I truly like this years show.

It is one of my favorites for 2013.

Go Troopers.

• Like 3

Basically all the feedback I got this weekend from shows in Casper and Denver is:

1 - this show is legit

2 - this corps has a shot

And souvie sales at Denver were through the roof. People want to be associated with the 2013 Troopers.

If there are any alumni out there that are on the fence about this year's version of the Troopers, I strongly urge you to get to a show, any show, and watch this one in action.

Edited by troopers1

And one more thing I love about this show, they use an actual set of chimes in the front ensemble versus a synth patch. So kudos to them on that! Yes they're heavy and quite frankly a ##### to load, but so is a 5 octave marimba. Yes to actual instruments over a patch! :thumbup:

• Like 2

And one more thing I love about this show, they use an actual set of chimes in the front ensemble versus a synth patch.

That's good to hear. Makes me think of their 2011 show where they open with a sample representing church bells that sounded just like it was played on chimes. Meanwhile an unused set of chimes was sitting there untouched. What?

So kudos on using real chimes!! :thumbup:

dancin.gif 74.9 and a 14.9 in percussion? you just watch! honkey please! BDB gone be puttin some serious hurt on yea!!!! mmmm hmmmm

Sorry, but the differences between Open Class scores and World Class are usually around 15 points or so! BDB might be scoring in the low 60's, but, there is little to compare until they actually compete in semis! I also remember seeing some Open Class scores in the mid 90's last year and I really don't think they would be beating BD or Crown!

So nice to see an old friend out on the field, both literally and figuratively.

992902_10151713553302996_306244215_n.jpg

So nice to see an old friend out on the field, both literally and figuratively.

992902_10151713553302996_306244215_n.jpg

Oh hell yes!

• Like 1

Oh hell yes!

I love the old-school "Black #####es" uniform on the "American Flag" carrier! (It is NOT an American flag.... note to judges!)