Troopers 2013

Troop, Crossmen and Colts tonight! Ooohhweeee! This is gonna be good.

• Like 2

Troop, Crossmen and Colts tonight! Ooohhweeee! This is gonna be good.

LOL I love the "ooohhweeee" hehehe. You sound like my relatives in Arkansas. :smile:

(I went up for the show last year, and hope to go again next year. It wasn't in the cards for 2013, though)

• Like 1

ahhh old rivalries, new year. Play nice, guys. :smile:/>

In any case, Pinwiz does an excellent job with his assessment, and I'm in agreement. We've got to beef up a few things to keep pushing forward!

I just noticed that are have no shows scheduled for Thursday and Friday. I expect they'll use that time wisely. If they do and I expect they will, Saturday at the Alamodome could be a good day for Troopers. :smile: :smile:

• Like 2

I just noticed that are have no shows scheduled for Thursday and Friday. I expect they'll use that time wisely. If they do and I expect they will, Saturday at the Alamodome could be a good day for Troopers. :smile:/> :smile:/>

They are using the time wisely, including a good night's rest after this little run of shows. I'm looking forward to seeing them in San Antonio, and serving them a great big taco breakfast provided by Texas alums and parents on Sunday. :smile:

• Like 3

I am really looking forward to the next few show where Troopers finally get to compete against both Blue Stars and Spirit! I saw a few posts that hypothesized that Spirit might be the corps that Troopers, Crossmen or Colts might overtake to make it into 12th. Now that Troopers are only a point behind Spirit I think that they might just do that! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm predicting a 2-point spread right now. We really need to get some changes into the show and that should start tomorrow. If we're closer, I'd be happy, but I'm not even remotely expecting a win over Spirit.

Yeah, but who thought that Colts would beat Crossmen a few nights ago or Troopers would beat Blue Stars earlier in the season! This seems to be :thumbup: a year of a lot of changing in the 10-15 positions!

After seeing Troopers and Crossmen in La Crosse, Troopers definitely have the edge in almost everything, I give battery percussion to Crossmen. I think Crossmen's show has some serious design flaws that are going to hold them back without major changes, and it might be just a little too late. I think Troopers will be competing for 12th with both Blue Stars and Spirit, although if Blue Stars start beating Spirit (which I expect them to) the battle for 12th could solidify between Troopers and Spirit. Go troop.

• Like 2

Keep pushing, Troop!!!!

We are one, and we are many

And the Long Blue Line will never bend

We share a dream, and sing with one voice

I am... you are... a Trooper to the end!

(RIP Sean "Gunny" McRatigan, composer of this wonderful song - linked in my signature)

For the last 35 years I have been to at least one or more Drum Corps shows either as a member or a fan. But in the last few years I had become so irritated and disappointed with the direction that DCI and the G7 have taken that this would have been the first time in those 35 years that I had chosen to not to attend a single show. But after watching the amazing Troopers 2013 show on the fan network my faith has been restored. Everything about this program works. I really hope they find a place in finals this year if for nothing else than to show that it is still possible to hold on to some traditions and still be entertaining.

BTW.. I will be attending 2 shows this year and I will have my blue and yellow traditional Troopers shirt on.

Edited by bluesman
  • Like 6