The Bushwackers need your assistance

OK - Let's ignore the ignorance - I donated - who else?

• Like 4

removing personal info... had more sleep...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Well I shouldnt really get involved in this thread but I think its time.

The initial loan was created in November of 2009. The loan was payed ON TIME up until my retirement May 1st 2011. The corps was handed over to the present administration with a few staff bills unpaid and the mentioned installment loan current AND with money in the bank.

On May 1st 2011,ALL of the prior business dealings of the Bushwackers were put on the table in front of 12 individuals willing to take over the corps when I decided to retire.The corps was not mis-managed as many on here seem to want to believe by the former administration, I left because I was tired,25 years was enough, Plain and simple.

IRS filings were made on time each year,Bus companies were NOT owed money, Insurance companies were NOT owed money, facilities were NOT owed money, suppliers were NOT owed money.With the mention earlier of a few staff members and the monthly equipment loan,the bills were current.

The corps ran shows, Had fundraising in place, Collected tuition and worked from a budget each and every year.The corps was administered by a team of people who each had their own job to do and the jobs got done, Most if not all of this team continued on with the new board.

If anyone has concerns about my so-called mismanagement of the Bushwackers spanning 25 years, PLEASE feel free to pm me and I will be glad to have a civil conversation with you and answer any questions you may have. And Please visit Guidestar.com where you will be able to view ALL past IRS filings of the Harrison Bushwackers Inc.

Jay A Morlot

PS Please help the corps if you can.

• Like 9

Well I shouldnt really get involved in this thread but I think its time.

The initial loan was created in November of 2009. The loan was payed ON TIME up until my retirement May 1st 2011. The corps was handed over to the present administration with a few staff bills unpaid and the mentioned installment loan current AND with money in the bank.

On May 1st 2011,ALL of the prior business dealings of the Bushwackers were put on the table in front of 12 individuals willing to take over the corps when I decided to retire.The corps was not mis-managed as many on here seem to want to believe by the former administration, I left because I was tired,25 years was enough, Plain and simple.

IRS filings were made on time each year,Bus companies were NOT owed money, Insurance companies were NOT owed money, facilities were NOT owed money, suppliers were NOT owed money.With the mention earlier of a few staff members and the monthly equipment loan,the bills were current.

The corps ran shows, Had fundraising in place, Collected tuition and worked from a budget each and every year.The corps was administered by a team of people who each had their own job to do and the jobs got done, Most if not all of this team continued on with the new board.

If anyone has concerns about my so-called mismanagement of the Bushwackers spanning 25 years, PLEASE feel free to pm me and I will be glad to have a civil conversation with you and answer any questions you may have. And Please visit Guidestar.com where you will be able to view ALL past IRS filings of the Harrison Bushwackers Inc.

Jay A Morlot

PS Please help the corps if you can.

Reposted in case you didnt see it the first time. Dont point fingers, running a drum corps is extremely difficult. If you have not lived in their shoes....just help.

• Like 5

I don't fault current admin. i fault previous admin and a creditor not willing to work with them.

WRONG

From November 2009- May 2011 The loan was PAYED on time by the "previous" admin.

• Like 1

To get a clearer picture as to why, in my opinion, I wanted to know what happened before I would just give my money blindly over to a plea from a corps take a look at posting #1 side by side with posting #51.

this I agree with. However often times you tend to blast, facts be ######. I thank mr. Kapp for speaking up, which clears many of the rumors running rampant for two weeks.

I did however give a few to Bush. I know what it's like trying to keep a corps alive, and like Mr. Kapp, I know what it's like having personal skin invested in keeping a corps alive. Hopefully for Bush and Mr. Kapp, this works out better than it did for me and Westshore in 1998

• Like 1

With all due respect,

There are many out there that march DCA corps, or are of that age, including myself, that have to sit here year after year and be told how DCI ruined everything, and how horrible corps like BD and in most years the Cadets for putting on innovative and intelligent shows, and now we are crying for help from the same people that many people at the DCA level come in and criticize?

I'm sorry, but when was the last time DCA, or DCA corps paid tribute to DCI age/level corps.

No, it's all about coming in here and saying how much better it was "when I marched."

I'm sorry, but I can't support that. Not as a drum corps alum, not as an educator, not as a person.

Seems awfully 2-faced to me.

many people in DCA and corps pay tribute to DCI thank you. helps to actually know the facts before you make statements like that

• Like 1

WRONG

From November 2009- May 2011 The loan was PAYED on time by the "previous" admin.

and I do apologize. I was led to believe otherwise. good work Jay

• Like 2