The Bushwackers need your assistance

Sorry that I based my opinion about giving financial support on the way DCI and the junior corps are talked about.

I guess I should blindly give money to an organization because some people think it's the right/only thing to do.

I guess I should have given money to the corps I marched in the mid-2000's when as an alum, we were not even invited in to rehearsals, but should have given out of the kindness in our heart.

Sorry that I don't just blindly give money to those who beg.

I must be an ########.

With all due respect,

There are many out there that march DCA corps, or are of that age, including myself, that have to sit here year after year and be told how DCI ruined everything, and how horrible corps like BD and in most years the Cadets for putting on innovative and intelligent shows, and now we are crying for help from the same people that many people at the DCA level come in and criticize?

Hey if you want to run your life based on what a couple of A-holes say that's your business. But don't delude yourself that this is the way all DCA side people think. Come to think of it most of the DCI is killing Drum Corps posts I see are from people who no longer march or marched in a JUNIOR corps. Makes slamming DCA even dumber IMO.

I'm sorry, but when was the last time DCA, or DCA corps paid tribute to DCI age/level corps.

What the Hades does this mean?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Sorry that I based my opinion about giving financial support on the way DCI and the junior corps are talked about.

I must be an ########.

No, you're simply guilty of making the logical fallacy of a hasty generalization. A poorly constructed one at that. I don't care if you wouldn't give them money or not. I probably wouldn't either.

• Like 1

So, in your mind....(talking to Stu) let the corps die like all the others correct? (snip).

I feel like Stu is being attached personally but his points which are logical and reasonable are not being likewise addressed.

Stu did not say "let the corps die." Stu said (my paraphrase) "if you are going to ask for my money, can you please tell me what happened in the past that caused the financial crisis?"

And Stu's point, if I am correct is "if you are managing your money correctly and this is an unforeseen financial problem, I will consider helping you. If you can't give me a good answer, then I am suspicious that there is good money being spent after bad, and I am not willing to help you continue to make bad business decisions by donating my good money, which will only enable you to continue to make bad business decisions."

Am I paraphrasing correctly, Mr. Stu?

I feel like Stu is being attached personally but his points which are logical and reasonable are not being likewise addressed.

Stu did not say "let the corps die." Stu said (my paraphrase) "if you are going to ask for my money, can you please tell me what happened in the past that caused the financial crisis?"

And Stu's point, if I am correct is "if you are managing your money correctly and this is an unforeseen financial problem, I will consider helping you. If you can't give me a good answer, then I am suspicious that there is good money being spent after bad, and I am not willing to help you continue to make bad business decisions by donating my good money, which will only enable you to continue to make bad business decisions."

Am I paraphrasing correctly, Mr. Stu?

If your paraphrase was any more accurate it would be a quote! Except for one minor detail..., while it is true that I do not 'want' any corps to die, I do contend that if a corps is so mismanaged that they actually have legal action against them for loan default, I would let the corps die 'if' it meant taking care of the creditor who took the financial risk.

Let me 'splain something to ya; if the corps owes a creditor on a loan, and the creditor wants the money without any renegotiation on said loan, and it takes the instruments being liquidated to pay off that loan, then nobody should be playing on those instruments even if the performers paid their own way to the show but they should be sold to pay off the debt. Again, show me where the creditor is shady here and I will back off.

Then I shouldn't drive my car while it is still being financed by the bank, by your logic.

• Like 3

Then I shouldn't drive my car while it is still being financed by the bank, by your logic.

I cannot believe some of y'all; if you can afford the car payments drive it all you want; if you can afford the payments and can afford to go to Disney World by all means drive it to Disney World. However, if you cannot afford the car payments stay home, do not go to Disney World, even on another persons dime, and especially do not ask others to bail you out after going to Disney World if the creditor wants to repo the car for non-payments on the loan.

• Like 1

If someone making min wage runs up tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt because they were not thinking about the accountability of payments but only engaging in the 'love' of drum corps, is it really logical to donate money to that person to get them out of debt? Really?

As usual your arguments are self serving and irrelevant. just donate or shut the hell up Sir! :devil:

• Like 4