DCA Annapolis Ticket Prices

9,600 in '96...biggest since Allentown and hasnt been topped since. Not close.

(Ream, we already know you and many others hated the configuration...fans and marching members alike....that was a decision based on overwhelming demand and made in real time...Vince made a tough proposal and it was a tough call (excruciating); it was still pretty loud in there....and 0.1 is your most important number from that day, anyway, not 9,600...regardless, I know you won't be able to help yourself :tongue: )

Already suggested elsewhere by me: Comps at the Dock show for any prelim seat outside the 20's with the option to upgrade at the window between the 20 and 30; Inside the 30's, face (for example).

Pre-sales are an opportunity: that's a charitable description. that effort has to be launched today and every day. The excuse about the ticketing framework (the "old way") is now gone with DCI's ticketing system as the clearinghouse (thank God). It runs 24-7 and so too should the technology effort to reach our data base.

Speaking of data base, there is an opportunity there that is under-developed to this point as well. It will involve more of a buy in (and perhaps a smidgen of discomfort) from all the corps - Open, A, Alumni - everyone.

Saturday is still a huge opportunity. It doesnt interfere with Labor Day plans and it is a half-step to the product for those who arent fanatics but still maintain a casual interest. Start times for the casual fan have to be delineated more clearly....a show that runs 2pm to 10pm is a big commitment. A show that is advertised as 6 to 10pm with emphasis on the Open COrps is more manageable as an entertainment choice for the "less than fully initiated". A-corps may object to that comment, of course.

The balancing act is more fannies versus cheapening the product with reduced pricing. The fans that typically spend a few extra bucks may just wait for the discount. And a cheap seat adjacent to a full price ducat (across the aisle) tends to tick people off. The clown 4 feet away got as good a seat for half the price, for example.

Inside the 35's or 40's is sacred ground. If i saw a full section of comps outside the 20's, i wouldnt be too ticked. From the 20-30, knowing they sprang for a few extra coins....that would be ok, too, IMO.

brainstorm1: two printable comp tickets to anyone on the DCA mailing list for a free general admission for 2 to prelims, outside the 20's, upgradeable at the stadium. Come to DCA FREE is a pretty strong invitation. WHat you do once you get there is up to you (like Fred said, parking, programs, merchandise, upgrade, buy a Finals ticket, etc).

Brainstorm2: select corps have a "mini-show" if they have adjacent practice sites; Friay night? Saturday during the day? 2 corps, in practice gear, head-to-head at a certain time, social media invites, almost like an underground event; did this in '94 with Empire versus Metro. small souvie booth open at the site,

Edited by wishbonecav

Possibly

1996? 9500 at frontier field Rochester...

Hey Tom, just curious, Is there any attendance info on the early years like 68 finals in Rochester?,...........I was a real young lad at the time, but I seem to remember sitting about in the middle of the horseshoe, and scores of fans were sitting way further around towards the backside than us,.................

• Like 1

HEY didn't we agree to never reference 1996 again?

I kid, I kid, carry on...................... :devil::ph34r::w00t::doh:

Edited by Kay
  • Like 1

9,600 in '96...biggest since Allentown and hasnt been topped since. Not close.

(Ream, we already know you and many others hated the configuration...fans and marching members alike....that was a decision based on overwhelming demand and made in real time...Vince made a tough proposal and it was a tough call (excruciating); it was still pretty loud in there....and 0.1 is your most important number from that day, anyway, not 9,600...regardless, I know you won't be able to help yourself :tongue: )

Already suggested elsewhere by me: Comps at the Dock show for any prelim seat outside the 20's with the option to upgrade at the window between the 20 and 30; Inside the 30's, face (for example).

Pre-sales are an opportunity: that's a charitable description. that effort has to be launched today and every day. The excuse about the ticketing framework (the "old way") is now gone with DCI's ticketing system as the clearinghouse (thank God). It runs 24-7 and so too should the technology effort to reach our data base.

Speaking of data base, there is an opportunity there that is under-developed to this point as well. It will involve more of a buy in (and perhaps a smidgen of discomfort) from all the corps - Open, A, Alumni - everyone.

Saturday is still a huge opportunity. It doesnt interfere with Labor Day plans and it is a half-step to the product for those who arent fanatics but still maintain a casual interest. Start times for the casual fan have to be delineated more clearly....a show that runs 2pm to 10pm is a big commitment. A show that is advertised as 6 to 10pm with emphasis on the Open COrps is more manageable as an entertainment choice for the "less than fully initiated". A-corps may object to that comment, of course.

The balancing act is more fannies versus cheapening the product with reduced pricing. The fans that typically spend a few extra bucks may just wait for the discount. And a cheap seat adjacent to a full price ducat (across the aisle) tends to tick people off. The clown 4 feet away got as good a seat for half the price, for example.

Inside the 35's or 40's is sacred ground. If i saw a full section of comps outside the 20's, i wouldnt be too ticked. From the 20-30, knowing they sprang for a few extra coins....that would be ok, too, IMO.

brainstorm1: two printable comp tickets to anyone on the DCA mailing list for a free general admission for 2 to prelims, outside the 20's, upgradeable at the stadium. Come to DCA FREE is a pretty strong invitation. WHat you do once you get there is up to you (like Fred said, parking, programs, merchandise, upgrade, buy a Finals ticket, etc).

Brainstorm2: select corps have a "mini-show" if they have adjacent practice sites; Friay night? Saturday during the day? 2 corps, in practice gear, head-to-head at a certain time, social media invites, almost like an underground event; did this in '94 with Empire versus Metro. small souvie booth open at the site,

oh I understand why they did it. but yes it did suck. even judges complained

YOU COULDNT RESIST!!!!! :tongue:

(did you read the rest or stop at your name??)

oh I understand why they did it. but yes it did suck. even judges complained

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 1