Cavaliers 2013 Comeback

3rd&10

1980, which was basically a color guard show with a drum corps accompaniment. But it was real cool to watch.

'80, '81 and '82 were all really cool years for the Cavies color guard. I remember watching '81 Whitewater on PBS and having to strain to hear what the corps was playing - they started the show with the rifles tossing to each other and the crowd went absolutely nuts. They didn't place as high those years (as they would later on) but they were clearly one of the crowd's favourites.

Korean Folk Song from '86!

Later,

Mike

This is why I hesitate to want Cavies to bring back something from the past. For years they would play music I had no idea existed, but which I had to own once I heard them play it. Their advent period is also full of beautiful stuff.

It would be nice if they focused on music that hasn't been done before.

Maybe they can do a completely original work like they did in 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2006?

• Like 2

Do an all Rutter show, that way they can pull something from their past and their is still plenty of untapped and great source material.

• Like 1

Why is it that looking in the rearview mirror is considered the most sure fire way for a corps to be successful??

Let's stop revisiting past classics and start making some new ones.

• Like 3

1971 Circus show

Complete w/ valve-rotor G bugles, no pit (you play it, you carry it), squad drill, the whole 9 yards

or

1980, which was basically a color guard show with a drum corps accompaniment. But it was real cool to watch.

"ReRuns":

HOW ABOUT: Cranking up the "WayBack" machine and echoing the 1961 UNDEFEATED VFW National Champion program??!!??

Elphaba

Why is it that looking in the rearview mirror is considered the most sure fire way for a corps to be successful??

Its a good question. There is no " sure fire way for a Corps to be successful ". Corps have been successful in entertaining vast numbers of national audiences with a wide variety of shows... both the classics, and even Original Music from time to time.

"ReRuns":

HOW ABOUT: Cranking up the "WayBack" machine and echoing the 1961 UNDEFEATED VFW National Champion program??!!??

Elphaba

I don't know about This. " Porky and Bess " was done by Star of Indiana, and Carolina Crown did" Somewhere Over The Rainbow in 2009, and "Battle Hymn of the Republic "by Blue Devils C this year, and so forth. We don't want to overdue the Classics, although Corps shoould be free to play whatever they want to play and let the chips fall where they may.