Best Ballad 2012

azul

So 2012 saw some really awesome shows and really awesome shows come with awesome ballads as well! Who in your own personal opinions had the best ballad of 2012? No bashing please.

Personal favorite and thought was the best from the start: Pacific Crest's version of "Yellow" by Cold Play. The arranging was so lush, thick, beautiful and filled with emotion! Loved it!

Shout outs to Bluecoats using Bon Iver's "Flume" and Colts closing with "All By Myself."

• Like 3

Bluecoats were by far my favorite; luscious horn writing and lots of neat effects in the pit.

I loved BD's ballad; very serene and calm.

Boston had an incredible slow build and climax in their ballad.

Crossmen's ballad was jammin!

Wait. Three posts and no one heard what I heard? Cadets. Do You Hear What I Hear?

Best tune of the year. And don't tell me they should have rushed the sideline to blow straight at us. They tried something different and created a sublime moment.

HH

Edited by glory
  • Like 3

Bluecoats. Love Dance.

/thread

• Like 1

Colts closer ballad was a guaranteed standing "O" every time before it was over. A true tribute to the ballad closers of old with a fresh arrangement and look. Some things done well never get old. These days it was considered a risk to put this kind of number as a closer, but it paid off with the audience.

Crossmen- Peter Gabriel's, "Here Comes the Flood"

Runner up, Boston Crusaders.

• Like 1