A GREAT show from OSU

You've never heard of something called the "Ohio State/Michigan Rivalry"?.

Considering I grew up in Columbus and went to Ohio State for part of my undergraduate degree, uh, yes...

It was a funny comment, but I thought he might actually want to know what the "M" actually stood for? blink.gif

Yea, I'm dense sometimes, or maybe I can not tell how to respond to a joke. Sorry? tongue.gif

• Like 1

Hope this helped.

Yes, it does. Thank you. You rock!

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 1

The moving horse is a reference to The Legend of Zelda video game.

M was probably for Mario.

The Castle is probably a Mario Brother reference as well. Mario has to go into castles to rescue the princess all the time. There are also castles at the end of many of the Super Mario Brothers levels... Anyway, lots of castle references in Mario games.

Thank you. You rock, too!

• Like 1

Full Disclosure:

I'm a graduate of the University of Michgan. So let's just get this out of the way: that halftime show sucked !

Okay - I also have kids in the University of Wisconsin marching band. I texted #1 child this morning if she watched the OSU halftime show. Her reply: "No, but everybody's talking about it." Kinda neat, I must say.

By the way, I'm thinking that, during the "Tetris" part of the show, when the band fit those two geometric figures together, all the Ohio residents went, "Oh.....so THAT'S how it's supposed to go...."

Anyway, nice job, Ohio band. Maybe someday you can play a song as awesome as "The Victors."

Oh, and George Hopkins...NO, you DON'T have to think about it. Sometimes it's just ENTERTAINMENT. Ars gratia artis, and all that. For you Ohio residents, that's some Latin. They used to speak that back in Rome.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 6

This video went viral because:

A. People suddenly thought marching band was cool.

no

B. People suddenly thought Ohio State was cool.

certainly not

C. Nerds on the interwebs think video game music is cool and shared it with their nerdy friends.

oh i see. kthxbye

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 7

...and another article about marching band shows, because of OSUs show...

http://www.bing.com/...mod&form=msnrll

#7 Cal (State????? Uh, isn't that just the University of California or Cal??? Why does he call them Cal State? There are several Cal State Universities, but I digress)...

#6 Cal (State?????)

#5 Hawaii ( Stick Figure kicking field goal, didn't Stanford do this too)

#4 UCLA ( Cursive UCLA)

#3 Jackson State

#2 Purdue ( Why did he include this one? Not about Video Games)

#1 Notre Dame

I don't know why he's calling them "Cal State". "Cal" is University of California Berkley (Cal being a common nickname for it).

Yes, it does. Thank you. You rock!

You're welcome!

Do the kiddies still say, "you rock"? I've only recently stopped using "neato spiffy."

It's not the most common of things, but it happens occasionally. We used it as a vocal (along with a rock salute) for trooping the stand after our show my junior year in high school. That's the last time I used it, I think.

Edited by tubabeard42

...and another article about marching band shows, because of OSUs show...

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/7-amazingly-cool-marching-band-routines/28991qsb2?q=msn+now&rel=msn&from=en-us_msnhpvidmod&form=msnrll

#7 Cal (State????? Uh, isn't that just the University of California or Cal??? Why does he call them Cal State? There are several Cal State Universities, but I digress)...

#6 Cal (State?????)

#5 Hawaii ( Stick Figure kicking field goal, didn't Stanford do this too)

#4 UCLA ( Cursive UCLA)

#3 Jackson State

#2 Purdue ( Why did he include this one? Not about Video Games)

#1 Notre Dame

Yes, the University of California, Berkeley is just called Cal, since they are the original University of California. The only CSUs with marching bands are San Jose State, San Diego State, and Fresno State.

In response to the Purdue one, he was doing cool shows, not just video game shows. The only one that had to do with video games on there was the #7 Cal show.