Renegades to Europe in 2013

So, how does a corps get suspended for a year in DCA?

• Like 1

Breaking News. NATO puts European forces on alert after rumor of Renegades invasion.

;-p

I hear France has already surrendered. :whistle:

• Like 1

Most stadiums management these days actually set alcohol cut off times to protect their liability in the case of a drunk driver leaving their stadium (Dram Shop Act). It is also why most do not allow you to buy more than 2 per person at any given time. At the end of half time is the cutoff at Met-Life stadium for football games. Concerts are done on a different time schedule obviously, but estimate an hour and a half to 2 before the end. In most cases I would think the stadium's liability insurance probably is the one setting the cutoff times, and the manageent follows their guidelines.

Can't really see where stadium management for Annapolis acted any differently than what is going on around the country.

So there goes that conspiracy.....

Close, cut off time is the end of half-time for everyone but premium seating who get an extra quarter.

Yankee Stadium is 2 hours after the start of the game or the 7th inning or which ever is earlier.

sorry, never got to sit in premium seats. Our office tix are with the normal average shmoes. :tongue:

No drum corps that I've ever heard of in the history of the activity has ever been banned.

You probably weren't in attendance, but did you ever hear about the 1966 American Legion Nationals?

And, a few days earlier, the VFW Nationals?

I've been a supporter of Renegades over the years (emotionally, not financially). Wrote glowing reviews, chose not to write anything when things looked bleak at performances. I'm struggling with battling the rhetoric and positive stream blah on this current episode.

Allegedly? The corps is suspended.

This is an alleged act? The corps is suspended, ultimately, banned to financial ruin on an alleged event.

Sounds like a conviction. So...a few members DID SCREW UP BAD ENOUGH that the corps is not allowed to compete. This is real. This is valid. This is what DCA wants more than seeing the Renegades.

Immediately, this is what drives me nuts.

I have no involvement with the Renegades, no influence, simply a fan who likes to see them. There is no witch hunt. The Renegades Drum & Bugle Corps simply refuses to acknowledge they've been kicked out of drum corps. DCA does not want the Renegades for their past transgressions. Renegades don't seem to get that. I was a fan. I wrote raving reviews. I'm extremely disappointed.

Apologize!

You screwed up. You represent drum corps and don't get it. You represent the brainiacs that decided they needed to be 'chaotic....NATO...' whatever and stupidly enough got the corps kicked out of DCA.

First time ever? Novel release etc.

Proud drum corps moment.

The more I think about it. The more pathetic the situation is.

You guys going to perform at BD home show?

If so - I'll withdraw my support of the sponsor of that show. If it's BD. I'll donate when it's confirmed corps that are performing are corps supported by their sponsoring organization.

I agree. The whole "we're going to Europe cause we got kicked out of DCA" isn't going to help public support or image.

Your corps, or members of the corps, screwed up. Screwed up bad enough to get banned DCA for a year. The corps tone shouldn't be "we are gonna have a blast in Europe". It should be more, we are working on creating a solution on our apparent conduct of our organization and our representing members.

It's just strange that the renegades seem not to comprehend that something happened that should not have happened in the first place.

• Like 3

It still seems like people don't get it.

Renegades embarrassed the drum corps activity to a sufficient enough level to get banned. I can't imagine DCUK, DCE, or DC Left Coast is excited about hosting a banned drum corps. The reasons they would want them are?

Chaos? Yes.

Stupid? Occasionally. See "Chaos" and their ban if questioned.

Europe? Yes. Don't worry about the past, it's behind us. Blah. Double the travel, half the cost. Marketing wise sounds great. Practically? Tick Tock. Wait.

Guys.

What drum corps has been banned from competing. Are there any? No drum corps that I've ever heard of in the history of the activity has ever been banned.

THIS IS HUGE AND IT"S NOT A BIG DEAL TO ANYBODY..REALLY??????

Perhaps I'm making a big deal about this. What would happen if say Phantom were banned from competing at DCI?

Would this forum / thread really be this silent?

Or is it people really don't care?

I completely agree.

• Like 1

Seriously,

What happened?? What could have got a corps suspended for a year? My guess something illegal. I can't imagine a corps getting banned from making too much noise or leaving a site in a less-than-desirable state.

Edited by 72Bach