Renegades to Europe in 2013

Diplomacy. Thy name is Jeff Ream.

:devil:

yeah that's it...DCA ust wanted to chase a member corps away.

That's not quite right.

DCA made the decision that Renegades will not be around, and I personally thought that this was one of the worst decisions in the history of DCA. I told them this 100x, so this is no attempt to stir things up now. Unfortunately, the person talking to DCA on behalf of the Renegades at the time did not make good decisions either.

So, here we are. Everyone lost.

Why bash anyone now? Let's wish DCA the best for 2013, and let's hope the Renegades can pull this all off so maybe they come back to DCA some day. Or not ... the real key is that we all love drum corps, and trying to hurt people over something that is done, decided and over ... is not really helpful now.

• Like 1

That's not quite right.

DCA made the decision that Renegades will not be around, and I personally thought that this was one of the worst decisions in the history of DCA. I told them this 100x, so this is no attempt to stir things up now. Unfortunately, the person talking to DCA on behalf of the Renegades at the time did not make good decisions either.

Why bash anyone now? Let's wish DCA the best for 2013, and let's hope the Renegades can pull this all off so maybe they come back to DCA some day. Or not ... the real key is that we all love drum corps, and trying to hurt people over something that is done, decided and over ... is not really helpful now.

Lee you missed the sarcasm by not including the whole post. I know better....but there is DCA bashing going on. Not out loud on here, but elsewhere.

and it's being seen

• Like 1

Lee you missed the sarcasm by not including the whole post. I know better....but there is DCA bashing going on. Not out loud on here, but elsewhere.

and it's being seen

Sorry, Jeff - it's all good.

Just trying to give everyone a response to what's going on and the correct information.

If anyone is still concerned, I am happy to jump on the phone and explain everything (keep in mind, I was not at DCA 2012, so my involvement is solely focused on the resolution of the situation and moving the corps forward from here)

• Like 2

That's not quite right.

On that I absolutely agree. I don't know the real story of what happened, I've only heard the rumors. But regardless, DCA made a very drastic and probably over the top decision. Would they have done the same to any other corps in a similar situation?

I'm not at all sure they would have.

Either way, I'm bummed out about it. I'm a huge Renegades fan, and always have been. Not having them in Annapolis next year really does impact my enthusiasm for attending. I'll likely still go, but it won't be as fun, nor will I feel as good about paying that much for tickets.

• Like 1

On that I absolutely agree. I don't know the real story of what happened, I've only heard the rumors. But regardless, DCA made a very drastic and probably over the top decision. Would they have done the same to any other corps in a similar situation?

I'm not at all sure they would have.

Either way, I'm bummed out about it. I'm a huge Renegades fan, and always have been. Not having them in Annapolis next year really does impact my enthusiasm for attending. I'll likely still go, but it won't be as fun, nor will I feel as good about paying that much for tickets.

Everybody is bummed, DCA as well. For me, it's weird, because I have been, and still am, friends with Gil, Glen and Red.

This was a chaotic series of consecutive bad decisions by a few people that impacted a lot of people in drum corps, and will for a long time.

Truth be told, there is a big part of me that thinks this is the greatest thing to ever happen to Renegades.

Not leaving DCA, of course, but this type of instant adversity and change either results in greatness or devastation. The momentum I have seen in the last few days towards getting behind the corps and pulling off a miracle is inspiring, and makes me tend to think this is going to result in something genius at the end of the day.

Personally, two weeks ago, drum corps was the furthest thing from my mind. Now, I find myself calling Renegades alumni and finance buddies to figure out how to go on the coolest Renegades adventure ever. We were all literally forced into this, but maybe that's the only way something like this would ever happen for the corps. It's chaotic and crazy, but what hasn't been that way for Renegades since Day 1? It's what the corps is.

Personally, I think this is all going to work out, and when and if the Renegades return to DCA, we'll come back with a full evil corps and guns blazing.

Lee

• Like 1

Please don't read into the following as insinuation on my part.

It's ironic that Mr. Rudnicki was just starting a thread about DCA's marketing strategy going forward. One would ASSUME (yes I'm assuming, get over it) that unless there was something SIGNIFICANTLY SERIOUS about what happened with the Renegades in Annapolis it would not be in their best interest (from a marketing standpoint) to prohibit their return in 2013. Again I do not claim to know all the facts (in fact I know virtually none) all I know is that an organization that is the head of a multi-million dollar activity doesn't ban a corps over just a few noise complaints. The world may never know the entirety of what went into DCA's decision, but the bottom line is from a marketing standpoint, no organization (in this case drum corps) wants to align themselves with a larger organization (in this case DCA) who bans a corps based on a whim.

I think we need to channel Mulder and Scully on this one, because the truth is out there.

It's probably somewhere near the ham sandwich.

Please don't read into the following as insinuation on my part.

It's ironic that Mr. Rudnicki was just starting a thread about DCA's marketing strategy going forward. One would ASSUME (yes I'm assuming, get over it) that unless there was something SIGNIFICANTLY SERIOUS about what happened with the Renegades in Annapolis it would not be in their best interest (from a marketing standpoint) to prohibit their return in 2013. Again I do not claim to know all the facts (in fact I know virtually none) all I know is that an organization that is the head of a multi-million dollar activity doesn't ban a corps over just a few noise complaints. The world may never know the entirety of what went into DCA's decision, but the bottom line is from a marketing standpoint, no organization (in this case drum corps) wants to align themselves with a larger organization (in this case DCA) who bans a corps based on a whim.

I think we need to channel Mulder and Scully on this one, because the truth is out there.

It's probably somewhere near the ham sandwich.

I started that thread to point out to DCA that their marketing efforts were failing, and that the loss of Renegades this year, and with another big corps leaving next year ... the future does not look bright for DCA.

These arguments did not work. I have since stopped trying to convince anyone of anything in regards to DCA, and am now solely focused on getting the Renegades on its feet and back into rock star mode.

How do you get banned from DCA...?????

Donny Allen

Phoenix 1975=76

• Like 1