Renegades to Europe in 2013

Since when has the moderation here been good?

Im not going to sweat it since mine seems to be the one that started it all. :):)

Im cool with it.

The fact is that the environment that the corps administration has created over the last 10 years cultivated the actions of the few people that are responsible for this. They even looked the other way when situations arose that foreshadowed this. Despite the clamoring of the majority of members and staff for a change of policy and image, a select few allowed the status quo to continue in the name of "corps identity." When everything is considered over the course of the decade, this decision by DCA was fair and appropriate.

So Moving Forward...I'd love to see the corps rebound from this, take responsibility, and return stronger than ever. However for this to happen, serious thought needs to be put into how the Renegades can change their image, their culture, and how they can be a better peer to the other organizations within the activity.

When and if Renegades return, they would be wise to do so with a bit more humility, and a whole lot less "chaos" and "evil". I think they finally ran that shtick into the ground once and for all.

• Like 2

What penalty short of suspension could DCA have imposed on the Renegades, given that the corps only competes in one weekend of DCA-sanctioned events each year? I don't know anything about how DCA works, so I don't know what Renegades get from them.

fining them share points?,............voting rights?,..............sit in the corner?,................there has to be more that could be imposed short of just about killing the corps,...............while the spin on going overseas to some seems a bit over the top,............under the light of a DCA suspension, I can't think of a better idea?

• Like 1

What penalty short of suspension could DCA have imposed on the Renegades, given that the corps only competes in one weekend of DCA-sanctioned events each year? I don't know anything about how DCA works, so I don't know what Renegades get from them.

my guess is monetary fines and loss of voting priviledges

I'm going to post one more thing and then absolve myself of this topic for good.

What I feel is the important nugget here that everyone has been alluding to, is that despite the core issue of what happened at DCA, the response from the Renegades has been difficult to swallow. All the community needed was a sincere and humble apology, and a dedication from the corps that they would work on changing the environment that allowed this to occur.

That's all.

Instead we got anger, misdirection, finger pointing, and attacks of the merits of DCA policy.

The fact is that the environment that the corps administration has created over the last 10 years cultivated the actions of the few people that are responsible for this. They even looked the other way when situations arose that foreshadowed this. Despite the clamoring of the majority of members and staff for a change of policy and image, a select few allowed the status quo to continue in the name of "corps identity." When everything is considered over the course of the decade, this decision by DCA was fair and appropriate.

So Moving Forward...I'd love to see the corps rebound from this, take responsibility, and return stronger than ever. However for this to happen, serious thought needs to be put into how the Renegades can change their image, their culture, and how they can be a better peer to the other organizations within the activity.

:worthy: :worthy:

• Like 1

Fining them share points? Voting rights? Sit in the corner?

There has to be more that could be imposed short of just about killing the corps. While the spin on going overseas to some seems a bit over the top, under the light of a DCA suspension, I can't think of a better idea.

Well, that's what I'd like to know: is there in fact anything less than suspension that DCA could have done to penalize Renegades?

From comments made in DCP's Finals thread, I gather that Renegades already don't have voting rights, because that requires both that a corps have one of the top ten scores and that they have participated in some DCA-sanctioned event before championships. So DCA couldn't take that away.

I assume that "share points" are a percentage of the championship revenue -- do the Renegades in fact get that? If so, could DCA have prevented them from getting their take for this year, or had it already been distributed? If the latter were true, would DCA telling Renegades that they would get no take from next year's earnings have been a lesser penalty than suspension?

If we were talking about an Eastern corps, I suppose DCA could have penalized them by limiting the number of DCA-sanctioned shows they were allowed to participate in next year, but that would be a punishment carrying no weight for Renegades.

So again: what options were available to DCA?

My guess is monetary fines and loss of voting privileges.

Regarding voting privileges, did I misunderstand that Renegades don't have those anyway?

Regarding monetary fines, do DCA's bylaws allow them to fine member corps?

When and if Renegades return, they would be wise to do so with a bit more humility, and a whole lot less "chaos" and "evil". I think they finally ran that shtick into the ground once and for all.

You were saying???

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/154246-breaking-news-crunchy-frog-issues-protest-letter-to-dca/

Regarding voting privileges, did I misunderstand that Renegades don't have those anyway?

Regarding monetary fines, do DCA's bylaws allow them to fine member corps?

Renegades did not meet the requirements this year and are not a member corps.

I do not think its any big secret as its been posted on DCP several times and in other social network media that Renegades have been looking at other avenues to compete at other than DCA. DCA has not been a perfect fit for the Renegades due to logistics.

• Like 1