Renegades to Europe in 2013

But now those things could affect corps getting housing, practice facilities, stadiums, etc. Whole new world and either change how things are done or out ya go....

What Jim said.

Hey... some of the hijinks I was involved with when I marched... well... let's leave it at that. :ph34r:

But if I were to march in a corps now, would I repeat that stuff? Absolutely not. Different times.

So sorry I am not helping. What was I thinking getting in the way of your righteous indignation. Please proceed because after all this entire affair is all about you extracting the apology that you feel is due.

All I did was point out that for the most part this horse is dead and it is time to stop the beating and leave the corpse be. I'm sure there will be another one along shortly that you can train your whip on.

FYI: Not intentionally anonymous. My name is Kevin Gilliatt, I live in Goodyear AZ. I used to live in the SF Bay area and have seen the Renegades live a handful of times, the last time being in 2004. I was never a member but did once inquire about joining the pit for the 2002 season. A job layoff prevented that from happening.

I'm not here to argue for or against the Renegades as I simply don't have enough information to pass judgment. The thing is with both sides remaining officially silent on the matter there is not enough evidence to draw any final conclusion. Until that happens the best we can do is try to keep the pitch fork mob from making matters worse.

-kg

or.......

Even if the Renegades feel they were singled out unjustly, they could say "hey we disagree, but we're sorry everything led to this. Hope to you see you all in 2014".

Right then and there that satifies many issues.

But hey, why be logical and ask for common sense.

What Jim said.

Hey... some of the hijinks I was involved with when I marched... well... let's leave it at that. :ph34r:

But if I were to march in a corps now, would I repeat that stuff? Absolutely not. Different times.

Know of a corps that had a tradition of underwear walks. No idea where exactly these took place but in this day and age if anyone saw it........ Not to mention the change in mentality of who is responsible if a minor is caught with booze. Before give the kid Hades. maybe kick out and that was that. Now people would be screaming why didn't the corps have more oversight to keep it from happening.

Thought while typing... replace "minor caught with booze" with "predator found in the corps". On my mind since Jerry you-know-who is a few miles from my house while the state decides where he should spend the next 30-60....

There are many "useless threads" on DCP. If this is useless then why so many pages?

For what it's worth.....I love the Renegades! I also think that whatever happened in Annapolis with them probably happened elsewhere with other corps at DCA championships over the years. The Renegades made a name for themselves by using the term "Evil." Saw it coming.

A few times I saw violence at a DCA Championship, saw lots of drinking (Duh) but did DCA lay the law down on these corps? Nope. If they did, it wasn't to the extent that we see today with the Renegades. I know a few of you Gade haters want an apology from the corps, but why not ask the individuals to apologize. Who knows, maybe they did apologize to the hotel already. We can speculate all we want!

Instead of throwing the corps under the bus, maybe we should come to their side....what can we do to help? Renegades are the bad boys of DCA and heck who was the bad boys prior to them? DCI had Bridgemen and VK. Dancing With the Stars has Maxim...how did that get in this post? LOL. Anyways, lets try to keep drum corps instead of getting rid of them just because they aren't the "taste" you like. The activity is dying a slow death so lets try to prolong it rather than help end it.

Now I'll read from all the "experts" why Renegades should be banned...You KNOW they were all there and saw everything. LOL Actually they have NO clue and "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who...."

Not a hater....huge fan. Don't know what happened. Think in many ways reactions on both sides were over reactions.

That said....the decision was made. Even when a politican or famous person ####s up, if they feel it's unjustified, they still issue some sort of apology.

Here is what you and others refuse to get:

this could affect where DCA goes in the future. You think travelers bureaus don't talk to each other? This could, as Jim said affect housing, rehearsals, etc. Basically, it could #### things up for DCA for years.

Did DCA have to take such a hard line? Dunno. But, as the head cheese, one would think they have to. Have the Renegades shown one ounce of remorse as an organization? No. They had their returning spokesman come on here and issue an ultimatum that DCA rethink this.

Chaos and Evil on the field= good.

Chaos and Evil off the field could #### up a lot of things for a lot of people. And a simple "We disagree, but we're sorry" could fix a lot of issues...with DCA, with fans, the other corps....and the people in Annapolis who now may not be so happy to ever have us back.

Know of a corps that had a tradition of underwear walks. No idea where exactly these took place but in this day and age if anyone saw it........ Not to mention the change in mentality of who is responsible if a minor is caught with booze. Before give the kid Hades. maybe kick out and that was that. Now people would be screaming why didn't the corps have more oversight to keep it from happening.

Thought while typing... replace "minor caught with booze" with "predator found in the corps". On my mind since Jerry you-know-who is a few miles from my house while the state decides where he should spend the next 30-60....

yeah I heard we was local now. Whatever our worst facility is, he needs to go there,

Take a year suspended....do the Loudest Show on Earth....do the West Coast weekends....either end the season early or do some state side shindig on Labor Day weekend that captures the Renegade flavor....flash mob somewhere cool and get it on YouTube....put together a Fiesta Bowl or Rose Bowl parade package...go kick some tail and keep that "image"....pay your debt to society....see you in 2014.

Europe? To prove what? That you can go broke? That'll show 'em.

Listen: Notorious is a reputation that can carry. In some ways, it works. In some ways, it doesnt. Renegades are the new Reilly Raiders. Raiders didnt lose their following by being notorious; that's why they had a following in the first place. Make it work for all and you can go down in history. Mess it up, and you just go down in flames. Get it right, 'gades. Think it through. Get it right. Rooting for you....punishment and all.

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 2

yeah I heard we was local now. Whatever our worst facility is, he needs to go there,

Nothing like gagging when seeing the front page. Guy behind the counter at the Quickie-Mart (forget the real name) across from Manor Care was starting to worry.

Question is should he go to the usual place (Kris is hoping for Graterford) or where the old and sick prisoners are held. Think that's Laurel Highlands but never heard of the place until this came out. Never knew White Hill did processing either. :doh: Do know White Hill trains PA guards as my ex-roomie was there for a month before he started at Western Penn. One day that had OJT as someone escaped and they had to go looking.

"Hey, don't we get a weapon"

"No you're trainees, just yell loud".

Or maybe it's because the northeast is DCA's power base and they don't like a bunch of kids from California playing in their sandbox.

• Like 1

Or maybe it's because the northeast is DCA's power base and they don't like a bunch of kids from California playing in their sandbox.

Took 'em 10 years to find something? Or did MBI winning in 2011 push 'em too far?

• Like 1

or.......

Even if the Renegades feel they were singled out unjustly, they could say "hey we disagree, but we're sorry everything led to this. Hope to you see you all in 2014".

Right then and there that satifies many issues.

But hey, why be logical and ask for common sense.

Your logic only makes sense if you are also asking for DCA to apologize for their actions regarding "everything that led to this".

No one on here has any standing to expect or demand apologies or explanations from either party. That is my whole point.

-kg

• Like 1