Boston Crusaders announce 2013 Design Team

BAC has just announced the Design Team for 2013, and although most of them are returning, there are a couple new faces (at least to Boston)... :thumbup:

http://www.bostoncrusaders.com/news

Edited by craiga
  • Like 1

glad to see Eric with the corps

Ditto that...Eric's a good guy with crazy skills...they will do well together.

Would like to hear how others "read" the change of Brian Murphy working alongside Tom.

Brian lives and works within 15 minutes of the corps office, which is is Woburn, MA. He and Tom have been working closely since Tom took over the reigns of the corps in the fall of 2007....this is continuity at its best, imo.

I know that here in the world of DCP, staff announcements are generally followed by proclaimations of "top three is guaranteed!", or my favorite, "this year, they're for real!"

My take on this is a continuation of a great drum corps ascending through the ranks of other great drum corps in an increasingly competitive arena.

And, my secret insider sources tell me the corps is planning to wear red and black in 2013. Now THAT'S a scoop!

:smile:

• Like 1

And, my secret insider sources tell me the corps is planning to wear red and black in 2013. Now THAT'S a scoop!

:smile:

They better be craiga, or the person that changes the colors might wind up black and blue. ( haha)

• Like 1

They better be craiga, or the person that changes the colors might wind up black and blue. ( haha)

LOL---quite right! Actually, the corps has been wearing black uniform pants and red cadet style jackets since 1963, I believe....which would make this a 50 year old "look" this season! :thumbup:

• Like 1

If you want to see examples of Darryl's drill design see Crossmen 02-04 ish (i've heard some drama over the visual design in '04??? I think) And Crossmen 08, 09. 08 was a particularly good drill. 09, was partly because he was writing to ###### music. But the capes were NOT a good idea either.

Darryl can write a really effective drill. Cadet style drill, obviously. When it comes to cleaning drill he is great. Loved days when he was up in the box running rehearsal (not! Haha)

But with good music arrangements and design I'm sure his design will be able to flow a lot better than it did at Crossmen 08/09.

Edited by kickhaltsforlife