Sex offenders being involved with drum corps

So the way I understand it is:

For music rights DCA mandates that all the proper paperwork is filled out and can be reviewed by DCA on demand.

For number of members... well we can all count heads and that can be at shows when things are questionible.

For new/returning corps there is an actual evaluation process where a DCA rep meets with the corps and checks things out. This is before a corps can think about competing at DCA.

But, for clearances to protect members it's up to the corps to do "something" but what that is isn't explained. Not that it matters as DCA isn't going to ####### check anyway.

As more of this comes out of the woodworks I just get the feeling that a lawsuit is going to kill the activity before costs do. Even successfully defending against a suit can bankrupt anyone. And DCAs defense will pass the buck and say it was the corps job to do "something". And the lawyer is going to throw back in DCAs face about the things DCA does check before a corps is allowed on the field. And I can think of some nasty comments that he could follow up with (too much Law&Order).

Just why does DCA think this is less important than the things they mandate from corps?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

And the 35 member limit actually applies to all corps, all season also IIRC. It was created because show sponsors wished it and had nothing to do with prelims. That was one of the BIG issues with Shadow repeated saying DCA was keeping his corps down, when it had nothing to with DCA creating that rule but the show sponsors wanting it.

Forgot about Shadow but think that that was an issue (or at least a complaint) at one of the shows at Erie. Or at least Gary Matczak explained it on DCP or an email to me.

Can anyone answer if anyone can submit a proposal?

I know, I joined a "senior" corps in the fall of 1964 when I was 15. "Youngsters" were the exception rather than the rule back then.

My "recently" reference was in a Historical Sense - just like Historically any corps competing at the American Legion Nats had to have 100% Veterans in the ranks.

(Reilly was DQ'd at the '53 AL Nats - even though they won - because of non-Veterans. 1957 was "worse" when Reilly, Archie and Harvey Seeds were all DQ'd for not declaring non-veterans; other corps were DQ'd as far back as 1933.)

The point is that if a corps allows younger members, it's up to the corps (not DCA) to monitor things...

what you said about A.L NATS was true. we went to atlanta in 1969. we had a couple guys under age. i was one of them bob ashton made a copy of his A.L card for me in case i was carded. glad i wasn't. at 16 i sure didn't look 56 years old. why he didn't change the age i don't know.

Would you consider 1967 to actually be recent??? Because I certainly don't consider that I was born recently....just sayin...

no liz it wasn't recent. i never said it was. i was just commenting about my age at the time. and we were an over 21 corps.

####....and here I thought you gave me a compliment.... :devil:

####....and here I thought you gave me a compliment.... :devil:

nice flowers

:ph34r:

bob ashton made a copy of his A.L card for me in case i was carded.

The first time I competed with a senior corps at VFW State, I had a card.

My name was Angelo Capriotti and I was a WWI veteran.

The first time I competed with a senior corps at VFW State, I had a card.

My name was Angelo Capriotti and I was a WWI veteran.

what were we thinking? if we ever got carded our corps would have been DQ'D!