Sex offenders being involved with drum corps

Can anyone answer if anyone can submit a proposal?

I tried some searches. You'd have to contact a DCA official to find out who can propose anything. Nothing that clarified your question.

I would think it wouldn't be very difficult to find someone who is able to propose something to have a sympathetic ear to you and this issue.

Only Paid Member Corps can submit a proposal. .

(You can pay someone to submit it for you,. but I didn't say that..).

Only Paid Member Corps can submit a proposal. .

(You can pay someone to submit it for you,. but I didn't say that..).

oh well good news...you're cheap

:tongue:

• Like 1

So do most DCI & DCA Drum Corps conduct a background check on all instructors & members? Is there a policy in DCI & DCA that requires background checks?

Edited by FlamMan

So do most DCI & DCA Drum Corps conduct a background check on all instructors & members? Is there a policy in DCI & DCA that requires background checks?

I believe that many do. DCI corps would almost have to to cover their butts since there are so many more youth involved. But I don't think there are any policies that mandate that this be done.

And to me, it is not a question, there needs to be some sort of policy

I don't think that it being brought up as if it was just another rule proposal like Bb's, amplification, etc. is the way to go. If it doesn't pass, and then something did happen, just how bad is it going to be for DCA then? From a legal standpoint this needs to be something that is passed down from the top.

I don't think that it being brought up as if it was just another rule proposal like Bb's, amplification, etc. is the way to go. If it doesn't pass, and then something did happen, just how bad is it going to be for DCA then? From a legal standpoint this needs to be something that is passed down from the top.

this to me almost is more of a by-laws type of matter than just a rule

this to me almost is more of a by-laws type of matter than just a rule

Agreed....

weird thought that just hit me......

Part of the reason why DCA was created was corps were upset that the American Legion was behind the times with rules, etc. Wow, just hit me that DCA is behind the times by not taking this seriously.

• Like 1

Agreed....

weird thought that just hit me......

Part of the reason why DCA was created was corps were upset that the American Legion was behind the times with rules, etc. Wow, just hit me that DCA is behind the times by not taking this seriously.

Keep in mind we've been on the front lines of this a lot more than away from Central PA, Jim. And we're gonna be on the front lines again when Shultz and Curley go on trial.

Keep in mind we've been on the front lines of this a lot more than away from Central PA, Jim. And we're gonna be on the front lines again when Shultz and Curley go on trial.

Yeah, probably in that "it happens somewhere else" stage.....

And yesterday/today the Patriot is covering national Boy Scouts org releasing preditor reports from 1960s-1980s. Wonder if Harrisburg is sticking it on the front page because of the Sandusky coverage.

Edited by JimF-LowBari