Dear DCA Board

There are times, in any endeavour, when handling matters privately is a better idea than making those matters public.

I think this is one of those times.

I was thinking that what is in the letter posted here leaves more things unanswered than answered. And even that thought is nailed by the thought of what is posted for DCPers means nothing in what is going on between DCA/Renegades.

Let's have the Renegades and their reps drop OUT of the public eye as IMO it would help any discussion between the two.

"trying in the court of public opinion"???????

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

One such scenario in my mind involves the corps drop-kicking puppies across the Annapolis stadium goal posts, just to see how far they could fly.

I've been to some football games at that stadium, and depending on how hard the wind is blowing and in which direction, it's not as easy as it may seem. :tongue:

• Like 1

Im sure dwarf tossing would offend someone. :tongue:

How did I get dragged into this?

• Like 2

Drop-kicking puppies across a stadium goal post does not work; they tend to veer to the right or left; they go wide one way or the other. Now a kitten is quite different; they "right" themselves during flight and go smack dab down the center of the goal posts. :w00t:

I'm talking about drop-kicking specially-bred puppies that fly straight. They've been trained to use their ears as rudders.

PS: I don't think everyone has read the works of Jonathan Swift.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 2

Just saying... all this drama is just one example of why folks like me are more than hesitant to march in DCA.

Aren't we supposed to get more mature and professional the older we are????

• Like 6

But we all forget: The actions of the one or few DOES matter. As the actions of supposedly a small group of people have caused this much reaction..

• Like 1

Just saying... all this drama is just one example of why folks like me are more than hesitant to march in DCA.

Aren't we supposed to get more mature and professional the older we are????

By this statement you're insinuating that ALL of the DCA corps should be accoutable for the actions of one organization and by such actions you're insinuating that all DCA corps behave in the same manner. If you have an issue with DCA as a whole because of what the Renegades did, Than you're simply misguided. Corps like Reading, Hawthorne, and MBI wouldn't be where they are if they put caution to the wind. Reputation is all you have in the end. And its clear Renegades didn't respect that or they wouldn't find themselves in this position. The more I read how this has been handled by the people from Renegades the more I side with the decision.

By this statement you're insinuating that ALL of the DCA corps should be accoutable for the actions of one organization and by such actions you're insinuating that all DCA corps behave in the same manner. If you have an issue with DCA as a whole because of what the Renegades did, Than you're simply misguided. Corps like Reading, Hawthorne, and MBI wouldn't be where they are if they put caution to the wind. Reputation is all you have in the end. And its clear Renegades didn't respect that or they wouldn't find themselves in this position. The more I read how this has been handled by the people from Renegades the more I side with the decision.

Disagree. I can think of a couple of non-Drum Corps group that have been made to look bad by a few idiots. IOW one "oh ####" overshadows everything else. I joined a Sr corps at 16 and my parents knew the members weren't all angels but the members behaved while representing the corps (in uniform and out) and would have been bounced it they didn't. In fact I was a witness to an episode that caused someone to be kicked out. And that one episode would have been a reason for me to be pulled by my parents (so I didn't tell 'em).

DCA still has a older phartes getting out of the house to drink beer and #### off image to some people. Don't shoot kickhalt for being the messenger.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Disagree. I can think of a couple of non-Drum Corps group that have been made to look bad by a few idiots. IOW one "oh ####" overshadows everything else. I joined a Sr corps at 16 and my parents knew the members weren't all angels but the members behaved while representing the corps (in uniform and out) and would have been bounced it they didn't. In fact I was a witness to an episode that caused someone to be kicked out. And that one episode would have been a reason for me to be pulled by my parents (so I didn't tell 'em).

DCA still has a older phartes getting out of the house to drink beer and #### off image to some people. Don't shoot kickhalt for being the messenger.

What does this have to do with ONE corps misdoing representing the reputations of every other corps? Your missing the point. Kickhalt is saying he's hesitant of marching ANY DCA corps because its assumed that if one corps misbehaves.. they ALL do. I get that all organizations have their skeletons but their reputations speaks for themselves.

And you're speaking of the past behavior of "Sr" drum corps opposed to all aged family based organizations. Im sure if you spent any time around a current all aged corps you'll find much more harsher rules about under aged drinking. The liability is way to great for these corps turn a bland eye.