Audition Camp Reviews?

KAW

Ahhhhh off season. Time for the annual reports of all corps getting better, all corps close to finals last year making finals this year, and record turnouts at every corps camp! :tongue:

Let's be real. There will be the hotbeds of new activity, like Spirit and Crossmen thanks to their recent successes.

There will be corps where literally hundreds will turn out for a handful of spots - not just submit interest forms, but show up at camps.

There will be slow starters - the corps who will have a good set of seasoned vets returning, but who will also be alternate choices for those hundreds of kids who get cut from those other auditions.

None of this is new news. But it's good to hear something, anything, about the upcoming 2013 season, so bring on the hype... and the hyperbole! :tongue:

• Like 1

I heard that all Corps had record turnouts and all will be vastly improved this year!

Meanwhile, and more importantly, I went skiing!

• Like 1

the DCI facebook page posted a video (poor sound quality) from Crossmen camp

I heard the Crossmen had 210 people at their first camp(Dallas) and 300+ at this camp(San Antonio). There were 60 baritone try-outs at this one. They have one more camp in Houston next week.

Trying not to hype. That's just what I was told.

• Like 1

Any rumors on what corps will be "for real" this season? Early reports have The Cadets and Crossmen being "for real", but I don't think we will have scientific evidence until January or February.

• Like 1

All the Phantom staff kept mentioning that there was a record turnout for the brass line, something like 575 I believe was the number

Any rumors on what corps will be "for real" this season? Early reports have The Cadets and Crossmen being "for real", but I don't think we will have scientific evidence until January or February.

If they are "for real" this season, what were they last season, "fake", "counterfeit", "anti-real"?

Just askin'....

Edited by IllianaLancerContra