Sunrisers Add Parents Meeting

The Sunrisers are adding an informational parent meeting to Saturday's rehearsal schedule at their next rehearsal this coming Saturday, Dec. 1 to be held at the Brentwood High School's Sonderling Building, 2 Sixth Avenue. Rehearsal time will be 12:00pm until 6pm. All members are asked to bring their instruments (if you own your own). The parent's meeting will be held at 12:15 pm.

For more information, visit the corps Website: www.sunrisers.com or visit us on Facebook: Sunrisers Drum and Bugle Corps.

OK, I did read it right.... parents meeting....

Very cool and reminder of the late 70s when Sun and my corps were getting the dirty looks from some areas for having the "kiddie" corps. Of course Sun was also getting dirty looks for winning with said kids.....

The Sunrisers are adding an informational parent meeting to Saturday's rehearsal schedule at their next rehearsal this coming Saturday, Dec. 1 to be held at the Brentwood High School's Sonderling Building, 2 Sixth Avenue. Rehearsal time will be 12:00pm until 6pm. All members are asked to bring their instruments (if you own your own). The parent's meeting will be held at 12:15 pm.

For more information, visit the corps Website: www.sunrisers.com or visit us on Facebook: Sunrisers Drum and Bugle Corps.

All Members are asked to bring their instuments ( if you own your own ) AND their Parents ( if you own your own )

OK, I did read it right.... parents meeting....

Very cool and reminder of the late 70s when Sun and my corps were getting the dirty looks from some areas for having the "kiddie" corps. Of course Sun was also getting dirty looks for winning with said kids.....

LOL - I remember hearing references to Sun back in the 1970's as being the "Milk and cookies" corps of DCA. You are right Jim - the milk and cookies fueled a champion.

LOL - I remember hearing references to Sun back in the 1970's as being the "Milk and cookies" corps of DCA. You are right Jim - the milk and cookies fueled a champion.

Think "Milk and cookies" was the phrase Fran Haring also used... and he was there...

Now whoever gave me a -1 want to explain why? Sheesh I wasn't slamming and it was historically acurate....

oh I was aged 16-22 in my "kiddie corps" at the time....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Milk and Cookies? Back when?

I think not! for those who were there - remember Carlton University Dorms - Ottawa, Ontario... one of the more memorable nights of my life... having been raised in drum corps, it took a lot of partying to impress me... I was impressed... all Sunrisers...

and it wasn't milk and cookies...

• Like 1

It makes sense to me. DCA is drawing a lot more younger members than it did years before and they have to deal with that. Smart move.

Milk and Cookies? Back when?

I think not! for those who were there - remember Carlton University Dorms - Ottawa, Ontario... one of the more memorable nights of my life... having been raised in drum corps, it took a lot of partying to impress me... I was impressed... all Sunrisers...

and it wasn't milk and cookies...

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

The "milk and cookies" moniker and another one... "kids and girls"... were given to us by at least one of our competitors back in the day.

But... as Tom has alluded to here.... those nicknames were not necessarily an accurate description of us. :ph34r:

Since we are in a different era now, and this is a public forum, I'll leave it at that. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1