Cadets2 2013 Show Announcement

At the end of the day this will be nothing but trouble.

How so? :blink:

How so? :blink:/>

I think he was referring to the lyrics in "At The End Of The Day" from Les Mis ...

At the end of the day you're another day older

And that's all you can say for the life of the poor

It's a struggle, it's a war.

And there's nothing that anyone's giving

One more day, standing about, what is it for?

One day less to be living.

At the end of the day you're another day colder

And the shirt on your back doesn't keep out the chill

And the righteous hurry past

They don't hear the little ones crying

And the winter is coming on fast, ready to kill

One day nearer to dying!

At the end of the day there's another day dawning

And the sun in the morning is waiting to rise

Like the waves crash on the sand

Like a storm that'll break any second

There's a hunger in the land

There's a reckoning still to be reckoned

And there's gonna be hell to pay

At the end of the day!

Andy, I hope you are correct. My first thought was here we go again with the C2 bashing.

Andy, I hope you are correct. My first thought was here we go again with the C2 bashing.

C2 was most refreshing last year ... I didn't see any harsh bashing ... I sensed anxiety and speculation prior to the season ... but, once things settled in, there seemed to be respect for what they accomplished in their first year of competition ... I think it was all good ...

:-)

C2 was most refreshing last year ... I didn't see any harsh bashing ... I sensed anxiety and speculation prior to the season ... but, once things settled in, there seemed to be respect for what they accomplished in their first year of competition ... I think it was all good ...

:-)

It's never a bad thing when a fine, competitive corps enters into the circuit! I was kinda hoping that after last year, the Cadets parent organization would let C2 forge their own identity. It is certainly not easy, if even possible, for a "weekend only" corps to essentially perform a verbatim Cadet rehash, right down to the uniforms, and not be the worse for comparison. Give these kids the chance to present a uniquely "theirs" program.

I think it's great. I just hope people do not unrealisitcally compare it to 89.

A) you can't top that and B) this is weekend only

• Like 1

Surprised on checking CorpsReps to find that the first corps to perform selections from Les Mis was Blue Stars in 1987. I did not know that. Not a whole Les Mis show, though; nor was Boston Crusaders the following year.

Sunrisers placed 6th with a score of 90.4 playing Les Mis in 1996, I see. Les CadetsDeux bested both that score and placement in their debut year, so I guess they should be aiming to do better than '89 Cadets? That was 5th and 95.6, which is the second-highest score for a 5th place corps in DCI (only recently surpassed by SCV's "Ballet for Martha"). In DCA, no 5th place corps, and only one 4th place corps (I think) has ever scored that well.

A high bar.

(Or as Jeff says, they and we should be wary of comparisons with the past.)