Empire Statesmen 2013 Show Announcement

trmdrum

Just seems odd that with finals back in Rochester in 2014, they would still decide to stop. I get its only 2 shows and the rest are father away but still.

If its travel issues, they really should talk to MBI. If they can make 2 BIG trips every season, you would think Empire could figure out how to make 2-3 mild ones. If thats the reason.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but that brings up another topic. What is finals going to be like in Rochester without any corps in that state? Seems like the claim that attendance is better there could quickly change. I liked Annapolis...

Ok, sorry for derailing anything. I like Empire's show announcement. A "best of" show is a fitting way to go out.

There should still be NY's White Sabers and several NY-connected Alumni and Mini Corps. Besides, I think we'll still see Empire Statesmen there performing in a variety of roles across different venues. However, the only competition they provide will be for applause. smile.gif

Not to hi-jack the thread, but that brings up another topic. What is finals going to be like in Rochester without any corps in that state? Seems like the claim that attendance is better there could quickly change. I liked Annapolis...

Ok, sorry for derailing anything. I like Empire's show announcement. A "best of" show is a fitting way to go out.

i beleive that the last year in rochester the attendance was way down. maybe peashey or fran can clarify this. so the move back to rochester is very puzzeling.

i beleive that the last year in rochester the attendance was way down. maybe peashey or fran can clarify this. so the move back to rochester is very puzzeling.

Don, I wish I could help here... but I have no idea.

I think you are correct in that attendance was down for the last year in Rochester and I also find it puzzeling. If you are going to attend finals and are traveling with a spouse (wife / husband / significant other) who is not a drum corps person Rochester doesn't offer much as compared to Annapolis. WAY more to do at Annapolis. Also, better restaurants, easier travel, just better. IMO

I guess it's possible the Annapolis Stadium was not going to be available after next year. Or, maybe DCA actually had less money to return back to the corps due to a more expensive Annapolis. Might be some new sponsorship deal making a return to Rochester an even better net than before, and less dependent on ticket sales. It will all come out later. That's what DCP's for!

I guess it's possible the Annapolis Stadium was not going to be available after next year. Or, maybe DCA actually had less money to return back to the corps due to a more expensive Annapolis. Might be some new sponsorship deal making a return to Rochester an even better net than before, and less dependent on ticket sales. It will all come out later. That's what DCP's for!

this is what i got from my source. and why DCA hasn't said this is beyond me. annapolis is not available. it is a football stadium and yes they have football games scheduled for that weekend. DCA has a marketing problem . this should have been said with the announcement. why leave people scrstching their heads? this is exactly the reason DCA is getting in trouble. they need to explain why they do the things they do. this is not supposed to be a place where secrets are kept. maybe if they told people about the football games they wouldn't be so alienated about going to rochester. and the other bids were not any good. that's what i've been told. this person that i can't name and knows this won't be the one to tell. now why is that? somebody please explain all of this foolishness to me.

There should still be NY's White Sabers and several NY-connected Alumni and Mini Corps. Besides, I think we'll still see Empire Statesmen there performing in a variety of roles across different venues. However, the only competition they provide will be for applause. smile.gif

New York State

DCA All-Age

-> " Excelsior "

--> " Sunrisers "

---> " White Sabers "

Many "Mini Corps", "Alumni Corps", "Parade & Exhibition Corps"

Yeah, if I had stopped to think about it a little harder I would have realized the error in my comment. Still, not having either Open Class corps from Rochester makes it difficult to attract local fans. Plus, NY is not a central hub. Pennsylvania would actually be more central to corps now.

... hmmm, sorry for continuing the derailment. I will stop commenting about venues in this thread.

White Sabers are 45 minutes down 390 from the stadium