Empire Statesmen 2013 Show Announcement

trmdrum

bariman50, and others . . . .

Paid attendance really is not the paramount issue. That issue is NET REVENUE distributed to the corps. If I can line up $300K in sponsorships, maybe a television rights package, I'll hold the event in my Kevin Drive backyard, before an audience that fits comfortably on my deck. Rochester CAN work better than Annapolis, but that success might have nothing to do with actual spectator attendance.

Hope this helps.

bariman50, and others . . . .

Paid attendance really is not the paramount issue. That issue is NET REVENUE distributed to the corps. If I can line up $300K in sponsorships, maybe a television rights package, I'll hold the event in my Kevin Drive backyard, before an audience that fits comfortably on my deck. Rochester CAN work better than Annapolis, but that success might have nothing to do with actual spectator attendance.

Hope this helps.

Ohhh so comes the light (blink) it's not about the fans or the performers performing before the fans. It's about money. If so that stinks. I'm not saying DCA shouldn't make money, they absolutly need to make money to continue to exist but it shouldn't be the motivating or deciding factor when considering a venue. ( I think the topic is starting to drift )

I do have a question about the 2012 show: were Empire's poker chip props inspired by Spirit's props, or did Spirit sell/give them to Empire?

Good observation... Empire did field Spirit's poker chips, although I do not know the logistics of this.

Thanks! I thought they looked familiar.

This thread has very few comments about the choice of their show material...boo. Get back on task or start another thread. I would have LOVED to hear Moonlight Serenade, Begin the Beguine, or even the New Orleans or Sinatra show that won DCA.

• Like 2

This thread has very few comments about the choice of their show material...boo. Get back on task or start another thread. I would have LOVED to hear Moonlight Serenade, Begin the Beguine, or even the New Orleans or Sinatra show that won DCA.

Yeah, only so much time to put selections in... of course, they could have gone the route of creating an original opener or closer that had little quotes from several favorite shows, instead of playing the exact pieces from previous years. Then again, it is probably very cheap to do a show this year, as you would not have to pay for an arranger.

Ohhh so comes the light (blink) it's not about the fans or the performers performing before the fans. It's about money. If so that stinks. I'm not saying DCA shouldn't make money, they absolutly need to make money to continue to exist but it shouldn't be the motivating or deciding factor when considering a venue. ( I think the topic is starting to drift )

well, money should be a huge issue as to why finals goes to a place. I'm no fan of Rochester after so many trips there, but if the city is going to put together a package that helps offset expenses for corps and fans alike, then I'm all for it. While Annapolis saved me a ton of cash as I didn't need a hotel, I also know that Rochester was far cheaper in hotel pricing than Annapolis was.

I would have loved to see Moonlight out there one last time.

• Like 1

I would have loved to see Moonlight out there one last time.

Same here.

Maybe they'll add that as their warmup... that would be cool.

My idea was "every single prop the Statesmen have used." LOL

But then again, a show like that would probably go way over the time limit. :ph34r:

Of course, they could always end their show with The Tank, firing live rounds.

Literally going out with a bang. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

My idea was "every single prop the Statesmen have used." LOL

But then again, a show like that would probably go way over the time limit. ph34r.gif/>

Of course, they could always end their show with The Tank, firing live rounds.

Literally going out with a bang. tongue.gif/>

that would be a great thing for finals. without live rounds of course.