Blu Ray, check/ Christmas music at Christmas time, check

I'm in the Christmas mood tonight. Popped in the finals Blu-ray. Cranked up the volume, excited about hearing Christmas music - REALLY! First corps I want to hear tonight is The Cadets. All throughout the summer I looked forward to really enjoying this show for the holidays. Somehow, I hoped for a Christmas miracle and I'd be able to enjoy The Cadets show uninterrupted without those pesky synch right issues we've heard about... darn it!!!

• Like 1

That Christmas show just pops on the Blu-ray.

I've been listening to it, too. :xmas:/>

its all good till the end when the sound goes dead and you see the Copy Right protection come up on screen and its all silent. SIGH

I would think the cd would avoid sync issues.

Heh. Back in the early years of home videotape, the live PBS broadcast of finals, and CDs of finals, you could get decent sound from the CDs but not from PBS videos. I'm sure I wasn't the only nutcase who would sit there pausing the video playback, starting up the CD, and un-pausing the video (or vice versa) when playback hit a sync point like the opening hit. It often took several tries but with some practice you could get the CD playback decently synced up with the video playback.

These days only a few completists are going to order both the 2012 CD and the 2012 Blu-Ray.

I would think the cd would avoid sync issues.

I could be wrong, but I think with Cadets the problem wasn't a syncing issue, it was a plain 'ol rights/usage issue (i.e they couldn't get the rights to include the Peanuts sample on any recordings - CD's or videos). Again, I could be wrong, and I don't have the info in from of me, but I thought they were one of the few that missed out completely while the other groups had "only" sync issues.

I'm in the Christmas mood tonight. Popped in the finals Blu-ray. Cranked up the volume, excited about hearing Christmas music - REALLY! First corps I want to hear tonight is The Cadets. All throughout the summer I looked forward to really enjoying this show for the holidays. Somehow, I hoped for a Christmas miracle and I'd be able to enjoy The Cadets show uninterrupted without those pesky synch right issues we've heard about... darn it!!!

Have you bought the DCI Holiday-themed album(s) from iTunes? I posted about it last week, but it's both the ORNAMENTS IN BRASS album from 1993, bundled another album that is essentially snippets from field shows. Very cool holiday music that you can download and then either put on an iPod/iPhone or burn to CD's. I think DCI is charging $9.99 for both, so it's essential two for the price of one. Here's the link to DCI's announcement, where you can dl the music from iTunes: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=36f22f16-2547-481b-9920-8deb8db46b57

(sorry for seemingly advertising for DCI, but since you're in the Holiday mood for Christmas + drum corps, thought you'd be hyped.

• Like 1

Here's what's posted on DCI's website by way of explanation:

DCI World Championships DVD Volume 1 and Blu-ray

• The Cadets: 6 seconds of video and audio of unlicensed, pre-recorded material has been removed
  • The Cadets: 31 seconds of audio of unlicensed, pre-recorded material has been muted. The video of this segment is provided in its entirety.
  • Spirit of Atlanta: 19 seconds of video and audio of unlicensed, pre-recorded material has been removed.

DCI World Championships CD

• The Cadets: 37 seconds of unlicensed, pre-recorded material has been removed.

It would appear there are a lot of copy-write issues with the Cadets show.

Edited by Rufus67

Looks like Cindy Lou Who didn't make it in time to keep the copyright/sync rights Grinch from Stealing Christmas! :devil:/>

Edited by ibexpercussion
  • Like 2