Blue Knights 2013

Is it not Dinah Washington??

Really don't think so. The voice sounds too contemporary...although definitely some DW influence in the phrasing.

I was assuming the narrator's voice and the singer's were one and the same...hope to get the answer from the BK insiders.

I really don't think the narration is Dinah Washington, but I could be wrong.

Last year and the year before that the singing was done by a lady in New Zealand, I think. I can't remember her name, but I asked about it on BK's facebook. I suspect the same lady did this year's narration.

• 1 month later...

Nice to see BK finally got a better ball. More shiny! And more importantly, without that ugly gray rectangular patch that I found so distracting in Erie, Pittsburgh, and Centerville. It's a shame that the stage remains a square rather than a circle.

Not sure if the new ending is an improvement, except that it does mean less narration. Whoever she is, I don't think she's any good.

But the music sounds great.

Nice to see BK finally got a better ball. More shiny! And more importantly, without that ugly gray rectangular patch that I found so distracting in Erie, Pittsburgh, and Centerville. It's a shame that the stage remains a square rather than a circle.

Not sure if the new ending is an improvement, except that it does mean less narration. Whoever she is, I don't think she's any good.

But the music sounds great.

FYI the gray patch is still there and its still distracting, lol. I believe it serves the purpose of holding the ball in place.

Nice to see BK finally got a better ball. More shiny! And more importantly, without that ugly gray rectangular patch that I found so distracting in Erie, Pittsburgh, and Centerville.

It's a shame that the stage remains a square rather than a circle.

FYI the gray patch is still there and its still distracting, lol. I believe it serves the purpose of holding the ball in place.

Are you sure? I was watching the ball closely last night and again just now: I even paused the semis video a couple times to check. There's a dark blue spot on the point opposite from which the guard member manipulates it, but the gray patch--which had looked like a bit of duct tape--really does seem to be gone.