Carolina Crown 2013

OHHHHH wait until you see what's going to happen the metal rings. :ph34r:/> ......just sit back and think about the show title...........

I would imagine something either cirque du soleil or Aimachi has done recently... Unless they get some bears wearing top hats & monocles. Now THAT would be a site to see!

WEEKEND UPDATE........

I spent the past weekend volunteering with the Corps.

The MM’s are in good spirits, looking healthy and seem to already develop the “Brotherhood” bond. The all know that they are heading into a battle and are preparing fiercely for it. The weather in the Carolina’s has not been bad yet, so they have not had to yet deal with oppressive heat and humidity (that comes with time).

The brass has roughly ¾ of the drill on the field. The entire corps has about half of the drill on the field. It is a little too early to get a super good read on the drill yet (and knowing there will be a TON of changes before Saturday August 10) but tend to feel like it is “Smartly” written and knowing the Crown Way- one can already see spaces for the beloved body movements. They are moving at a good clip, but they will not set any new world record 40 yard times this year. The brass ran through the ballad (The Abyss) and this is already my favorite part of the show. It will cause you to throw something…babies, children, spouses and could even cause some births next year!

I have a feeling that this show is going to be difficult to capture through video and will need a live viewing to get the full impact. Example is last in Fanfare with the timpani and bass drums along the back sideline…really a cool sound live because you’re getting a sound coming from a different location than what one is used to hearing. But on video it is muffled……just an example.

Look forward to seeing what they have done this week when I get to GWU next weekend.

Edited by splat-a-drag-a-phonium
  • Like 7

The brass ran through the ballad (The Abyss) and this is already my favorite part of the show. It will cause you to throw something…babies, children, spouses and could even cause some births next year!

I can't wait to hear the ballad. I loved the music from The Abyss!

Edited by LincolnV

I like Crown's use of the piano in their show, but they needed to put the cow back in the barn there out in this field before rehearsal as we can hear it in the beginning of this clip..... the poor thing seemed scared of the unusual sound for its neighborhood.

Edited by BRASSO

The day with its cares and perplexities is ended and the night is now upon us.

The night should be a time of peace and tranquility, a time to relax and be calm.

We have need of a soothing story to banish the disturbing thoughts of the day,

to set at rest our troubled minds, and put at ease our ruffled spirits.

• Like 2