Carolina Crown 2013

That's a fair point. But again, this is just one of those shows where you have to do some research beforehand or it won't make much sense.

Why on Earth would you write a show like that, when 95% of your audience will see you exactly one time?

As for the show, I liked it fine. It did not strike me as extraordinary, but it did seem as though the DCI and BOA streams have finally been completely crossed, which is more of a comment about the state of DCI than about Crown's design.

Good luck to Crown this summer!

• Like 5

For those who saw the video before it was yanked down.. did you notice that this peace of music wasn't included in the show..that is so far I didn't hear it. There was a taste of it at the end but not like the piece of music you hear in this video.. perhaps they will add it as INDY approaches.

Why on Earth would you write a show like that, when 95% of your audience will see you exactly one time?

I don't know ... Maybe ask the 2012 BD Design team? Just saying ... all the BD honks last year were telling anyone who didn't like the show that, if they researched Dada, they'd get it and love the show. I don't think any corps should make a show that you have to research to get ... even Crown. And, honestly, I don't see that any research is necessary on this show like it supposedly was on "Cabaret Voltaire." I have done no research into EotB and I love this show! :worthy:/>

Edited by KakkoiiOtaku

That's a really good question. I wish I knew. Personally, I kind of dig shows like this that are equal parts challenging and entertaining. I'd like to think I'm not alone. But I understand completely where you're coming from.

There is some great stuff going on there, I'm not one that big on narration and was worried about how it would sound.......I didn't mind it at all....it fits just fine in there. The only thing I didn't love is the narration during the ballad....the way the guy who narrates the ballad talks causes me to think of something that inappropriate so I will stop there, To me, it seemed the narration was almost yelling the words, if he had bring the volume down it would have been perfect. In two months I expect the show will change dramatically. There are some awesome brass parts as usual, the runs toward the middle really clean for this early in the season, and the power of Crowns brass is just as good as last year.....maybe better. This could be Crowns year......I've listened to the bits of the Cadets, some Madison, Blue Devils, SCV, and Phantom and so far Crown has the best brass sound at the moment, If this years battery is cleaner than last years theres a very high probability this could be the show that Crown rides to the top and capture their first world title.

So wait....they are doing this as part of the show???? tic.gifshutup.gif

Well for now they aren't doing the entire passage but I wouldn't be surprised at all if that changes soon. The good news is that it's put in places where he's not talking over an important moment in the show. They may not do it as much as the Cadets, but Crown isn't afraid to toy around with different ideas with narration. If they feel like it isn't working, I'm sure they'll consider removing it. They've done it before. The Rach Star show originally had two members singing "We Will Rock You" live from the pit. It didn't really work out so they removed it before they even performed their first show.

For those who saw the video before it was yanked down.. did you notice that this peace of music wasn't included in the show..that is so far I didn't hear it. There was a taste of it at the end but not like the piece of music you hear in this video.. perhaps they will add it as INDY approaches.

That part was a weekend camp experiment and will not see the light of day this season. Unfortunate as it would be a nice addition.

That part was a weekend camp experiment and will not see the light of day this season. Unfortunate as it would be a nice addition.

That's a bummer.