Carolina Crown 2013

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I was just re-watching the webcast, and I love how the last line in the ballad is "Impossible, you say?" And then they go on to play this insane closer.

Thought it was clever, whether it was intentional or not. smile.gif This show is really starting to grow on me. Most Crown shows do, but this one is growing faster than usual.

• Like 3

Crown really is doing well!Four straight days of competition and everyone almost a point more then the day before!Their score from Santa Clara tonight was 77.8, compared to last night was 76..5. Someone in another thread said there is no way they can catch Blue Devils seeing as how they weren't able to the last two days.....Well, the way they keep getting better every night without having multiple days to clean, and the fact they have they don't have another competition for 4 days, think how much time they will have to clean and refine till then, I wouldn't count them out. This very well could be their year!

Edited by msumello
  • Like 3

I watched the top three corps at Stanford from the Skybox.

Crown deserved to WIN!!!

I truly hope your path takes you to a win in Finals at Indy!

High Five to all of you!!!

• Like 2

Is this the appropriate place to rave about that moment in Crown's show where the brass arcs to the right, then plays some very impressive runs in split parts??? I have been following DCI for many years, and that was a new one for me! Totally didn't see that coming and it was very impressive!

• Like 3

Watched their show from Stanford again, after being there live. Really great performance, the rotating prism drill in the closer is really cool, and will be astounding once it's clean.

I hate to burst your bubble, but there's probably a 50% chance that won't be a part of the show by Finals (and by 50%, I mean 75%). Crown changes their closer a bunch, sometimes later in the season with less than a month remaining.

• Like 1

I think that will stay in the show, but if the ending is what I think the ending is going to be.....I can't wait to hear it musically.

• Like 3

Just listened to the Stanford video on the fan network.

I enjoyed the show musically. And I enjoy *some* of the counting narration, but I feel there's too much. And the remaining narration is really detracting from an outstanding musical program. (I only listened - haven't watched or tried to "follow" the show yet)

Crown, play *your* game and let the gold medal chips fall as they may.

• Like 1