Carolina Crown 2013

the composer felt that they succeeded at what they were trying to accomplish. He just felt that drum corps was emphasizing visual over musical elements. He thinks the latter is more important, and that therefore drum corps is doing the wrong thing.

I share the distinquished composer's observations and sentiments regarding this. He should know that some others within the Drum Corps fanbase ( and even within some Corps staff design ranks )that likewise share his observations and sentiments on this.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

well, maybe because far too often, at a show like Allentown, I hear people around me saying "what the hell are they playing?"

maybe there's your average fan. Someone who has a chance to get to one show a year.

Maybe they should buy a program. Seriously. I don't go to the movies and buy a ticket and NOT know what I'm going to see. If I go to a band competition, I ALWAYS purchase a program so I know what the bands are performing.

I'm sorry, not KNOWING is the height of laziness.....get a program, and if you aren't sure, look it up on the iPhone. No excuses for not "KNOWING". Get an education Average Joe.

I tell my students this all the time: "You won't know all the answers in life, but you should know how to figure them out by now"

• Like 3

OK!

I just want Crown to open the spread a tenth or two tonight.

I think they had a bit of a sloppy run last night and can *easily* improve in every caption.

Relax, they're in a good place. Up in GE and Visual, room to clean up in music.

Maybe they should buy a program. Seriously. I don't go to the movies and buy a ticket and NOT know what I'm going to see. If I go to a band competition, I ALWAYS purchase a program so I know what the bands are performing.

I'm sorry, not KNOWING is the height of laziness.....get a program, and if you aren't sure, look it up on the iPhone. No excuses for not "KNOWING". Get an education Average Joe.

I tell my students this all the time: "You won't know all the answers in life, but you should know how to figure them out by now"

There's a big difference between knowing "the names of the songs to be performed" and knowing "what the show is." I don't want to do homework prior to a drum corps show. It's one of my biggest turn-offs, but that's just my opinion.

Judges clearly don't care, and Crown's hornline is still going to be simply ridiculous, regardless of the rep. Shrug.

• Like 1