Santa Clara Vanguard 2013

Is there anywhere I can see this show other than the outrageous Fan Network price? I'm a HUGE SCV fan so I really want to check them out! I've tried to SCV homepage to see if I could donate and be on some fan page, but nothing in their media section. BD already has two of their performances up in Mediabox so at least I get something. Can't wait for the theaters!

Edited by BDStaffAlum
  • Like 1

ABSOLUTELY love the show!

Opening set from last night in Erie:

IMG_0136_zpsde78bb40.jpg

• Like 1

My cousin wants me to hold a sign up for the SCV performance so the players could see it while performing. Its going to say "Get em SCV. if anyone knows a SCV member they should tell them look look up to section 543 between the 25 and 30 yard lines. if they're looking at the audience it would be on the right side.She absolutely loved their performance in Atlanta. She said it really touched her, even by looking at her laptop screen.

A couple of highlights from last night's show in Erie...

The opening hit (sorry for the portrait orientation :shutup:/>/> when it plays it's not turned, just portrait):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd0JAS5Ed8Q

"I Dreamed a Dream" Hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEw9WtbW4Wk

• Like 2

They certainly are finally getting better every year.......it seems to me the past few years SCV has been in a sorta slump and just in the past couple years they're regaining ground they had lost.I especially like last years show and this year I love their show........if they stay the current course and improve as much as the last two summers Seems SCV glory days are finally coming back to its former strength

• Like 1

They certainly are finally getting better every year.......it seems to me the past few years SCV has been in a sorta slump and just in the past couple years they're regaining ground they had lost.I especially like last years show and this year I love their show........if they stay the current course and improve as much as the last two summers Seems SCV glory days are finally coming back to its former strength

I think you're right, so long as they can keep the staff they currently have.

As a SCV honk since 1971 ( VFW Dallas), I've loved every year ( even those I didn't understand ).

I must say that the last few years, I've been able to see through the dirt to see what great designed shows they were and couldn't wait until the maturity of players rose to the level of design. Hell, I liked the design of Carmen back in 90

Finally, it's here. It's been a long wait but well worth it.

While I have only seen them on FN, I have a hard time with them not being in 3rd.

As a retired band director who marched and taught corps in the early 70's. I've had students march with many corps and my once in a lifetime student ages out with BD this year. It broke my heart that he didn't march SCV and he knows my love for Vanguard.

This past off season we had a long talk about DC and his experiences over the past several years and his comment about SCV is worth repeating.

" I went to BD because of the jazz and style, but I see why you love SCV. Those guys are the nicest people we run into, always class, always nice. They never give us #### like most of the other corps. I'm made some lifelong friends in both BD and SCV. If there were 2 of me, the other would march Vanguard. I really do hope they place this year."

That might not mean much to many of you, but to me, it shows the class and heritage of both corps.

Part of me is with my student, but my heart is still with SCV

Well, thanks for listening and I'll step away from the podium now.

• Like 3