Crossmen Show Announcement

Crossmen Announce 2013 Production: Protest

“To sin by silence, when they should protest, makes cowards of men.”

- Abraham Lincoln

Crossmen Productions, Inc. is pleased to announce its 2013 program entitled, Protest.

The program will take the audience on a journey through the years, as people have assembled to let their voices be heard for what they believed in. Through the actions of many, Americans have ensured the liberties our Founding Fathers had envisioned for the nation.

When asked about the 2013 program, Executive Director Fred Morrison said, “This program will be reflective of those American ideals and those people that had the courage to stand up for what they believed in.”

Crossmen Program Coordinator Ed Devlin added, “Although the program will touch on several defining moments that changed the course of history, the program is more about engaging the audience with its theme and making the audience reflect on its own beliefs, regarding the power of assembly.”

In the words of one of America's greatest activists, Dr. Martin Luther King:

“We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy.”

Musical Selections will be taken from the following:

The Prophet’s Song – Queen
She’s Too Good For Me – Sting
The Sound of Silence – Simon & Garfunkel
They Don’t Care About Us – Michael Jackson
Some Nights – Fun.
We Shall Overcome – Pete Seeger
Goodbye Blue Sky – Pink Floyd
Find The Cost Of Freedom - Crosby, Stills, & Nash

As Crossmen take the field for their 39th season, we ask everyone to reflect on this simple question, “What do YOU stand for?” Edited by DrumManTx

I've known 3 or 4 of their song choices for a while now. And I have been so excited just from that. Started thinking about the theme. But now that we know it all I am even more excited than ever. Chuck is going to write another amazing book. Amazing song choices. All well known. Great stuff!

Pete Seeger? Really? Please leave politics out of drum corps.

• Like 2

agreed... I really liked the music and stuff last year. Wasn't really feelin the "carbon footprint" stuff though. That said, music that kicks ### is good enough for me. Don't need a "deeper meaning"

Pete Seeger? Really? Please leave politics out of drum corps.

Then we'd have no 1984 Suncoast Sound show. You happy with that?

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 2

Rats. They left out the best song for a show like this:

We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister

• Like 1