Tell us your story!

Hi there, DCI peeps!

Check out DCA's facebook page and let us know what kind of positive impact drum corps (DCA or DCI) has made on your life.

We want to know your story!

Best wishes to all for a successful winter rehearsal season!

Like us:

DCA Facebook page

Marching drum corps pretty much saved/changed my life (not to sound too cliche).

I was a real jerk, a-hole, whatever you want to call it, and didn't really care about anybody but myself, in in some cases didn't even care about myself. I treated people horribly, and had a very quick temper. I even had some discipline and academic issues in college. I could go on and on, but basically, be able to live a dream (marching corps), and the realization that I could lose this opportunity if I did not get my "poop in a pile" caused me to change for the better. The lessons I learned about teamwork, time management, work-ethic, and so on, changed who I was as a person over those 3 summers, and without it, I shudder to think what I would have become.

Marching drum corps pretty much saved/changed my life (not to sound too cliche).

I was a real jerk, a-hole, whatever you want to call it, and didn't really care about anybody but myself, in in some cases didn't even care about myself. I treated people horribly, and had a very quick temper. I even had some discipline and academic issues in college. I could go on and on, but basically, be able to live a dream (marching corps), and the realization that I could lose this opportunity if I did not get my "poop in a pile" caused me to change for the better. The lessons I learned about teamwork, time management, work-ethic, and so on, changed who I was as a person over those 3 summers, and without it, I shudder to think what I would have become.

I became MORE of an a-hole in drum corps :tongue:

• Like 1

My first concert was 8 years old seeing Buddy Rich and Aierto. couple months later I saw a drum and bell competition with a new bugle corps called blue devils and that changed my life.

I became MORE of an a-hole in drum corps :tongue:/>/>

I seem to recall a DCI judge or two that appeared to follow the same path you embarked on.

Edited by BRASSO

I became taller after I joined Drum Corps.... Mom said, " more handsome " too.