Carolina Crown

Ok we need a popcorn emoticon here because this is gonna get Pret-ty harsh in a few.

peek.gif

Why would it be harsh? Why would you bash on someone who is trying to see your point of view?

• Like 4

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST IS NOT TO START A FIGHT (of course that is near impossible of dcp)

Ok, so here's the deal...I am NOT a drum corps rookie. I have been around the activity since I was 5. I understand show design and such. But I'm not seeing it in Crown's shows. I want to like Crown and all I hear are amazing things about their shows...but I just don't get it. Someone PLEASE explain what is so fabulous about them, show me videos sound clips anything just help me because all I get from their shows is that they are OK at the max and underwhelming. I must be missing something.

After hundreds and hundreds of G7 posts, it's good to see DCP getting back normal colgate.gif

• Like 3

I don't see why this is expected to be turned into a battle zone of a thread. He's asking a question, why not answer him?

To me it's simple, nobody's shows are going to appeal or be enjoyed by everyone. They're missing something you enjoy. What that is, I don't know. But I can definitely respect this. There's another corps I feel the same way about, and one of my friends feels the EXACT same way about Crown. I don't necessarily agree but, I respect that because it's his own personal opinion.

Not really an answer, I know, just some common sense before people start the OMG U DON'T LIKE CROWN UR CRAZY?! stuff.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

In general, I love Crown's shows because they play music I know and like, and they put their own twist on the arrangement, and they play it LOUD, which I also happen to like.

They march great, the drumming seems to match the music, and they spread the show from endzone to endzone, which is visually interesting from the second tier seating.

Every time I've seen Crown in the last few years, they hit the field READY TO GO, full show, nothing held back. The kids seem to like what they're doing, and I enjoy watching that kind of passion and performance on the field.

I've got 30 years with my butt in the bleachers. A Crown show is as great, and as fun as it gets!

+++

Edited: I just noticed the OP's name is Spin Me, so maybe Mr/Ms Spin is looking at visual elements I'm too dumb to understand. I am a dumb drummer by reputation, but I go to shows to hear horn lines amaze me with their musicality and their power. I think it's perfectly OK for different people to see/hear different things that they like in the various corps. I think it is these differences that make life, and drum corps shows, worth living for. cool.gif

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 7