TROOOOP

they could throw in orange blossom special ... side note notice the trumpets playing while holding their cups of beer and not spilling a drop at about 1:42 :thumbup:/>/>

Edited by blueorginal
  • Like 2

My God...

Just watched the preview vid over at the Troopers' site, and was actually moved to a few tears of pure joy. I don't usually get "corps weepy" until April at the earliest, so this was a wonderful late winter gift, and I can't wait to see it on the field this summer.

Given that, I have to say that while my family has an association with the Cavaliers that goes back to 1964, the Troopers have long been among our two or three most beloved drum corps.

As little kids, my brother and I used to play Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who would get to wear one of dad's old Cavie t-shirts to bed each night. The "loser" (if you wish to refer to him as such) had to wear one of his Trooper T's (I remember him always having one in his wardrobe).

I must now confess that more often than not, I let my little brother "win." :smile:/>/>

Call me melodramatic, but I can't imagine being a part of an activity that doesn't field a corps from Casper.

I agree that this is a great post and I too think I'm looking forward to this show about as much as any in recent memory.

There are still a few unanswered questions about what those "original compositions" and if they will be completely original or if they will be based on other music.

Edited by Granny Smith

Magnificent Seven. Why is that familiar?

The Troopers theme was selected this year as a tribute show to 7 of their colleague corps.

If not... oh the irony of it all.

• Like 3

I was really hoping they'd be back in Cedarburg this year, but I'll be happy to catch'em in Madison. :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't replied earlier! I love the choices for this year and will definately be at DATR in Denver! Looking forward to wiping away a few tears while I am jumping out of my seat! As for Troop: As I always say, if you got it, flaunt it! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

With Battle Hymn in the show, maybe there will even be an American flag on the field. Imagine that!

With Battle Hymn in the show, maybe there will even be an American flag on the field. Imagine that!

Color Pre? That would be AWESOME!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

If anybody has any extra babies for throwing let me know. I seem to be running low. Puppies accepted too.

I'm glad to see enthusiasm for the Troopers. I've often thought and have probably said on other post that Troopers face one of the greatest programing challenges in drum corps. They are certainly one of the venerable old corps, in a category that would include BAC, Madison, Cadets, Cavies, but unlike these corps, Troopers are defined by a certain look and style that presents limitations. Yet for the challenges they face in design, they also have a strong base of support because it seems everyone loves the Troopers, especially when they do well, whether it be those who remember the glory days, those of us who may not recall the glory days but remember 79, 81, 85, and 86 (well for me, as a loyal 27th fan, 86 is bittersweet--they knocked out 27th out of finals by three tenths in prelims), or newfound friends. If you want a reminder of how much Troopers are loved, watch the DVD of 2009 when it is announced that Troopers returned to finals after a 23 year absence. The crowd goes wild.

Last summer told the people in the souvenir booth in Allentown that I hoped Troopers would return to Boston and that they would include a sunburst in the show. Well, the closest they will be to the "Hub" this year is Rome, NY but at least I'll see the sunburst, even if I have do go to Allentown to do so, but after hearing how far people in Texas have to travel to see drum corps, I won't complain about having to travel to see the Troopers.

• Like 3