TROOOOP

Well, looky here. It's me, Terri and a few of our Mag 7 pals.

Look at that tiny 4-person pit! :smile:

• Like 1

Look at that tiny 4-person pit! :smile:/>

39 brass

5 snares

2 quints

3 (tres!) bass

4 pit

• Like 1

How the West was Won

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncAbKYJBVR0

Or

Silverado

Many things from Aaron Copland ???

Of course the Troopers have done those as well....

I really like the fact that they're trying to get back to their history musically. We need more corps to go with their identity again. It seems to have worked from the Crossmen, Spirit of Atlanta, Phantom Regiment, SCV, and to a lesser extent Madison rebuilding/ re-imagining efforts. I hope it can work well for the Troopers too.

I was speaking hyperbolically. :hehe:

I also think Grofe's Grand Canyon Suite fits the "Western" theme quite nicely.

Edited by acolli17

I was speaking hyperbolically. hehe.gif

I know, just wanted the opportunity to push some other great Western "themed" music too. tongue.gifthumbup.gif

• Like 1

Agreed. Yet according to corpsreps, only two corps have ever played anything from that piece, and neither is the Troopers.

I would expect so! I am having to rethink my summer schedule now. I wasn't sure Denver/Casper was in the cards, but I may just have to stack the deck...

(Side note to Troop alumni - don't forget to join/renew with the Troopers Alumni Association! Almost every dollar in dues goes directly to our scholarship program. Go to the corps website and click the Alumni link. Former volunteers and staff can also join as associate members!)

Terri, You owe it to yourself to come to Casper.

• Like 1

My God...

Just watched the preview vid over at the Troopers' site, and was actually moved to a few tears of pure joy. I don't usually get "corps weepy" until April at the earliest, so this was a wonderful late winter gift, and I can't wait to see it on the field this summer.

Given that, I have to say that while my family has an association with the Cavaliers that goes back to 1964, the Troopers have long been among our two or three most beloved drum corps.

As little kids, my brother and I used to play Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who would get to wear one of dad's old Cavie t-shirts to bed each night. The "loser" (if you wish to refer to him as such) had to wear one of his Trooper T's (I remember him always having one in his wardrobe).

I must now confess that more often than not, I let my little brother "win." :smile:

Call me melodramatic, but I can't imagine being a part of an activity that doesn't field a corps from Casper.

• Like 7

My God...

Just watched the preview vid over at the Troopers' site, and was actually moved to a few tears of pure joy. I don't usually get "corps weepy" until April at the earliest, so this was a wonderful late winter gift, and I can't wait to see it on the field this summer.

Call me melodramatic, but I can't imagine being a part of an activity that doesn't field a corps from Casper.

Okay: You're melodramatic.

And thank goodness. This world needs a little more heartfelt sentiment, and a little less ironic detachment. Music is powerful that way.

• Like 3

Terri, You owe it to yourself to come to Casper.

Sure - I loved coming up last year! But I also owe my husband and daughter some family time. I'm trying to talk them into arranging our summer vacation in Durango around a side trip to Casper/Denver. :thumbup: