"Tour of Champions" 2013

Are you are under the belief that DCI, as a Corporation, has no 'operational' costs and exists in some sort of non-expenditure fairy-tail land?

Well, you're the one stating DCI isn't running the show, so why take a cut for operational costs of a show they aren't operating? And seriously, Stu, stop being so darned insulting to anyone who doesn't hold your tin-foil hat beliefs. It's really tiring.

Ok D-Ray, since you are fully versed on the matter; if it is a 'save the marriage compromise' what is the percentage revenue cut for DCI from the 2013 MiM, oops, ToC shows? 50%? 60%? 20%? The reason I ask is that when it was MiM 'all' revenue was going to the MiM Corporation and dispersed amongst the MiM corps and 0% revenue was going to DCI.

They are more or less normal shows at this point.

Well, you're the one stating DCI isn't running the show, so why take a cut for operational costs of a show they aren't operating? And seriously, Stu, stop being so darned insulting to anyone who doesn't hold your tin-foil hat beliefs. It's really tiring.

Nope, I am merely stating that if DCI is not running/sanctioning the ToC (ie MiM)shows DCI is presenting a 'veiled' front in implying, or actually indicating, through their schedule that the shows are falsely ran/sanctioned by DCI. And no tin-foil hat here nor insulting anyone; it is just a matter of honesty in public presentation.

They are more or less normal shows at this point.

In a 'normal' DCI sanctioned show DCI receives a fee. Since you maintain that they (ToC/MiM) are normal shows at this point what fee is DCI getting for the ToC/MiM shows?

Quoting Garfield: "So you are confirming that this compromise does, in fact, have DCI producing the TOC shows this year? Does that mean that DCI is again taking the risk and will participate in the profits?"

Edited by Stu

Nope, I am merely stating that if DCI is not running/sanctioning the ToC (ie MiM)shows DCI is presenting a 'veiled' front in implying, or actually indicating, through their schedule that the shows are falsely ran/sanctioned by DCI. And no tin-foil hat here nor insulting anyone; it is just a matter of honesty in public presentation.

Not sure why this is even an issue to the general public?

If I go to see Radiohead in concert, I really could give #### who is making money how, when and where. I am just there to see the show.

Anything else is internal politics, simply noise. No one should really care about anything but the experience of the show.

Not sure why this is even an issue to the general public?

It is an issue of Honesty, Integrity, Truthfulness,... all of the things you have considered frivolous and trivial for the past few years within our DCP banter.

If I go to see Radiohead in concert, I really could give #### who is making money how, when and where. I am just there to see the show.

Bull****; unless you are completely 100% a-moral there are many entities which you would not want to financially support if a concert's profits went to those entities.

Anything else is internal politics, simply noise. No one should really care about anything but the experience of the show.

And that is how the ignorant always allow themselves get under the control of the mesmerizers.

It is an issue of Honesty, Integrity, Truthfulness,... all of the things you have considered frivolous and trivial for the past few years within our DCP banter.

Bull****; unless you are completely 100% a-moral there are many entities which you would not want to financially support if a concert's profits went to those entities.

And that is how the ignorant always allow themselves get under the control of the mesmerizers.

I have never once even thought about who is actually getting the money and how it is broken down for any sort of concert I might by tickets for. It really isn't all that interesting and, like most of the general public, I don't really care.

All that matters to the average audience member is the experience of the show.

Now, if you are suggesting that anyone involved with or making money from any aspect of a drum corps show may somehow be amoral ... that is completely absurd.

All corps care about the youth participants, their well-being and the quality of experience. ALL.

The only point where some don't seem to see eye-to-eye is simply how best to ensure the stability and sustainability of the activity.

Some see it as a top-down approach being best, while others think bottom-up is the answer, with another segment thinks it best to limit scope and use resources to instead bring all to an even level that might be higher for some and lower for others.

This is all it is... just a bit of difference in strategy, not morality. No need for hyperbole or exaggeration.

• Like 2

Wrongo!!! For example many people who like the music of Ted Nugent will not attend his concerts because he financially supports the NRA; and others have stopped going to see the Dave Mathews Band because many times concert proceeds go to Progressive causes. At least those musicians have integrity enough to announce to the audience where their proceeds are going!

slide1wr.png

slide2uw.png

Edited by danielray