"Tour of Champions" 2013

slide1wr.png

slide2uw.png

I've been known to listen to both of these artists. And I have never heard the song Unicorn Jockeys nor Walked on Neptune.

Looking forward to the new releases.

Okay. So aside from "The 7" getting all the money, they are normal shows.

*info in parentheses added for clarification.

Aside from "The 7" getting all the money, (and the DCI Corporation using DCI resources to promote, advertise, develop graphics, et al while receiving none of the revenue from the MiM/ToC shows) they are normal shows.

Not sure why this is even an issue to the general public?

If I go to see Radiohead in concert, I really could give #### who is making money how, when and where. I am just there to see the show.

It became an issue among the general public here on DCP when posts defended the various G7/The 7 concepts by contending that these 7 corps had unique abilities that would improve outcomes for all corps, if only we let them run a series of shows separate from DCI in every po$$ible way including a separate corporation, but still under the DCI brand. So now we are wondering if that is still happening. If not, what will save us? After all, you just told us that all but a handful of corps will fold in the next few years if nothing is done.

Anything else is internal politics, simply noise. No one should really care about anything but the experience of the show.

Oh, sorry - our mistake. But in order to stop caring, we will need to ignore all of your posts - past, present and future. You sure?

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=cc607020-a248-4b5f-adf0-2b2ebb1a1670

Looks like DCI has bought into this and is marketing it. Any surprises here?

Not sure why this is even an issue to the general public?

If I go to see Radiohead in concert, I really could give #### who is making money how, when and where. I am just there to see the show.

Anything else is internal politics, simply noise. No one should really care about anything but the experience of the show.

Says the guy who said to sell DCI to private investors because their rate of return isn't high enough?

You amaze me sometimes.

Mike

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=cc607020-a248-4b5f-adf0-2b2ebb1a1670

Looks like DCI has bought into this and is marketing it. Any surprises here?

Hmm...

"'The scores for each Tour of Champions event will be based on the DCI judging system, however, we've been discussing a sequential scoring system that will result in a season-long champion at the end of the series,' Fiedler said."

So there will be a "Tour of Champions" champion that might turn out to be a different corps than the eventual DCI Finals champion.

Hmm, again...

"While he says that the TOC corps are still working on the details, they’re looking toward NASCAR and other series sporting events for ideas."

Will MikeD please explain to Jeff Fielder that DCI and sporting events aren't "relatable"?

"While he says that the TOC corps are still working on the details, they’re looking toward NASCAR and other series sporting events for ideas."

The " Magnificent 7 " would be well advised not to look for ideas from the NCAA.... opps... I mean NASCAR,.. as some DCP'ers don't like looking outside of DCI to see what others do, as we " can't compare the two ".

NASCAR and the " Magnificent 7 ".

Who knew ?